Member Family Separation

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Member Family Separation

Post by kalnius »

I have a family in the ward in which the husband and wife are divorcing. Finailization of the divorce won't occur until January 2012. The husband is living at a different address from the rest of the family.

I need to make him his own household with his new address. I can't seem to do that unless I actually create the divorce in the household record. As have no do divorce date yet - I am puzzled about how to do this.

Any thoughts?
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think you need you make the wife a HOH by going to her record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

It's been a while, but it seems like the process is to go into the household record, and remove the wife from the household since she isn't likely to already be listed as head of household. You then are presented with options, one of which is to make her a new separate head of household. After you do that I believe MLS lets you select which other records from the old household are to be transferred to the new household (i.e. the children). You can keep all the addresses the same for the moment. After the new household is set up, you can then go back into the husband's household and update his address and phone number to what they should be.

(This sounds like a good candidate for a Wiki entry.)

Return to “Membership Help”