Computer to Computer Net Meeting software.

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
bordon

Computer to Computer Net Meeting software.

Post by bordon »

I am a Stake Financial Clerk. I assist ward financial clerks with resolving issues. However, I find myself driving to distant wards on occasion with round trip mileage of 50 to 150 miles. Is there any church approved software that could be installed on ward computers to allow net meetings where I could sit at home, call the IP address of a ward computer and have them turn over control so that I could assist them in solving problems without having to drive to distant locations?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Check out the Remote support/control software thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

Some other options include LogMeIn and WebEx. The latter also allows you to have a video conference with the remote clerk as well as do remote control.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Just remember, any solutions that involve installing software on an administrative computer should have the approval of the stake president first. It is advisable to also get the STS's approval for any configuration changes in addition to the approval for software.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
crees

Post by crees »

Teamviewer (discussed in the link provided by jdlessley) is a great support program. It also has the option to "run" instead of "install" when you execute the program. But as indicated proper approval should be taken.

Return to “Clerk Computers”