Branch Website has a Bishopric Directory

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
wrigjef

Branch Website has a Bishopric Directory

Post by wrigjef »

We have a clerk serving in a branch in our stake that is a member of a family ward. We could not figure out why his information does not show up. I looked at the branch website and they have a “Bishopric” directory as well as a “Branch Presidency” directory. The bishopric directory just lists the old clerk who is now not even in the country and the branch presidency directory accurately has the President and councilors but does not list the clerk. How might I go about fixing this?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wrigjef wrote:The bishopric directory just lists the old clerk who is now not even in the country
I will remove the old clerk which will remove the bishopric directory.
wrigjef wrote:and the branch presidency directory accurately has the President and councilors but does not list the clerk. How might I go about fixing this?
Is the clerk listed in MLS? He needs to be there with the out of unit member info including his membership number. If all of that is setup then I would try changing something about his calling (change the sustained date) save it and then change it back to the correct value. Then a send receive should get the data up to CDOL (which is the source for the directory).
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

JonesRK wrote:I will remove the old clerk which will remove the bishopric directory.
Is the clerk listed in MLS? He needs to be there with the out of unit member info including his membership number. If all of that is setup then I would try changing something about his calling (change the sustained date) save it and then change it back to the correct value. Then a send receive should get the data up to CDOL (which is the source for the directory).
Great I think he is listed correctly in MLS, his ward should have him in an out of unit calling and the stake should have him listed as the clerk in the branch. I can double check with a couple of other clerks on this. Would him either having or not having a personal lds account have any bearing on this?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wrigjef wrote:Great I think he is listed correctly in MLS, his ward should have him in an out of unit calling and the stake should have him listed as the clerk in the branch.
He needs to be listed in the branch's MLS (not the stake MLS) as the clerk.
wrigjef wrote:Would him either having or not having a personal lds account have any bearing on this?
No having a lds account doesn't matter.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Thanks I'll send some emails and make sure he is listed that way

Return to “Main Church Website”