Can't unsubscribe from old ward's calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jeffbarge

Can't unsubscribe from old ward's calendars

Post by jeffbarge »

I recently moved from one ward to another. My records have arrived in the new ward, and when I look at the calendar online, it is for the correct ward and stake. I had subscribed to various calendars for notifications in the old ward, and did not unsubscribe before moving. Now I keep getting notifications from the old ward's calendars and cannot find a way to unsubscribe - they do not appear in my list of subscriptions on the online calendar.

Does anyone know how to be removed from those calendars? Do the 'owners' of those calendars in the old ward have the ability to remove individuals if I were to contact them?

Thanks,

jeffbarge
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeffbarge wrote:I recently moved from one ward to another.
How recently? There may be a chain of handshakes that need to be done before you are let go from the old ward. That process may not have completed.
jeffbarge wrote:Do the 'owners' of those calendars in the old ward have the ability to remove individuals if I were to contact them?

No.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffbarge

Post by jeffbarge »

RussellHltn wrote:How recently? There may be a chain of handshakes that need to be done before you are let go from the old ward. That process may not have completed.

Approximately 4 months.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jeffbarge wrote:Approximately 4 months.
In this case, you may need to contact LUS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:In this case, you may need to contact LUS.
Well, really you'd need to ask your new ward clerk to contact Local Unit Support. Regular members don't generally call LUS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
johncantwellfam

Same issue here

Post by johncantwellfam »

I moved about 2 months ago and still have visibility of old ward calendar/roster. I am also unable to post calendar items on my new wards calendar because they do not show up as subscribed calendars. I unsubscribed to the old calendars and they are the only ones that show up as an option. Can I call LUS or does the clerk have to? My new ward clerk is not very tech savvy and would probably just hand the phone to me. Any help would be appreciated.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You need to work with your ward clerk first. He should be checking to see that your records are indeed in the ward, as listed in MLS, before contacting LUS. He will need to be there even if he hands you the phone to talk to them because they may ask for something to be done in or with MLS. He has the MLS administrator rights necessary for any action that LUS would need.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I have the same problem with someone that moved out of our ward about 3 months ago. Their records are gone, but when I scheduled a ward activity on the calendar last week, they sent me a copy of the email reminder and asked to be removed. I asked them to check to see if they can still see our calendars. I have no idea if they can (they haven't responded back). Either way, it would be nice if people were automatically unsubscribed from calendars from a ward they move out of.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

This same thing happened to me (new ward created in February, records moved out of old ward, but still received notifications from old calendar but couldn't see old calendar to unsubscribe myself).

The only thing that fixed it was the old ward deleted the calendar (which was fine in this case because it wasn't being used).

I wasn't sure who to talk to on how to fix it, maybe it is an issue for the calendar programmers to auto-unsubscribe people?

Return to “Calendar”