YSA Ward Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
claytonf

YSA Ward Calendar

Post by claytonf »

I am a YSA bishop and have had access to my YSA ward and stake website and also my home ward and stake website. When I logged into the new calendar option as an admin, I was told I could now begin to migrate from our old ward calendar.

I specifically noted that the ward was identified as my YSA ward on the top of this page. I began to create new calendars. But when I submitted these calendars, they were placed on my home ward's calendar page, not my YSA ward. I am not even an admin for my home ward. Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing?

How can I access my YSA ward and stake calendar?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

claytonf wrote:I specifically noted that the ward was identified as my YSA ward on the top of this page. I began to create new calendars. But when I submitted these calendars, they were placed on my home ward's calendar page, not my YSA ward. I am not even an admin for my home ward. Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing?
I don't think this is a bug. The whole concept behind the new calendar is there is just one calendar with multiple layers. Each calendar you create adds another layer. What you would do now to only view a specific calendar is uncheck it (or unsubscribe from it) in the list on the right. So all calendars (home ward, home stake, YSA ward, YSA stake) appear on the calendar you see, and you turn on and off the ones you want to look at.

It would, therefore, be nice to have an option to turn on a specific ward/stake and turn all the others off for quick toggling, but otherwise it sounds like your calendar is working as intended.

The other main difference between the classic and new calendar pages is the new pages do not have a separate admin page. If you are an admin, you will always view things in the admin screen (clicking on an event pulls up the edit options instead of just a pop-up). At least this is my experience so far.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crislapi wrote:I don't think this is a bug. The whole concept behind the new calendar is there is just one calendar with multiple layers. Each calendar you create adds another layer.

No, this sounds like a problem. He was creating a calendar for Ward A and it ended up on Ward B. There is most definitely a difference in what unit the calendar is applied to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
slmsz20

Post by slmsz20 »

Yes, this is an issue with the YSA stake/ward out of unit leaders. I am the STS for a YSA Stake and we haven't been able to do much with the calendar until recently. You can try using the feedback tool at the bottom (they usually respond within a day) or call the global service desk. Also contact your stake clerk and find out if he has been able to do anything with the stake calendar. We just barely got access to edit ours in the middle of June.
sorrel

Post by sorrel »

I have the same problem. It SAYS Provo YSA 72nd, but only shows my home ward and stake
cwarrickh

Post by cwarrickh »

As the Ward Executive Secretary for a Provo YSA Ward, I have been able to log on and create various new calendar layers for the ward, however they do not show up on the calendar and there is a note stating that those calendars are pending. When I asked our bishop and clerk today about if they could change it from pending to permanent, they said that they might not, because their records do not show up in our ward, rather they are left in their home ward.

I noticed this same thing when I searched for individuals to place as viewers/editors of the various new ward calendar layers that I created, but their names were not in the drop down list/search. I instead added their callings but we really have no idea if that will work or not. If anyone knows how to have a YSA Bishop or Clerk who is serving out of their home ward (obviously), allow their Secretary to create calenders, or approve them, or whatever needs to be done, we would greatly appreciate some help so that we can get a universal schedule up for everyone in the ward, leadership meeting calendars, and separate interview schedule calendars for just the bishop, etc. If there is not a solution, what other resources can people recommend? Google Calendar, iCal, Wiggio, etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cwarrickh wrote:If there is not a solution, what other resources can people recommend? Google Calendar, iCal, Wiggio, etc.

Another post has indicated that the secret is to have the stake admin add the users as a out-of-unit member in the Classic LUWP system.

If you can't get the new calender to work, I'd suggest going with the Classic LUWS calender. There would be policy concerns about using any of the others as a unit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rsummers

Post by rsummers »

cwarrickh wrote:we would greatly appreciate some help so that we can get a universal schedule up for everyone in the ward, leadership meeting calendars, and separate interview schedule calendars for just the bishop, etc. If there is not a solution, what other resources can people recommend? Google Calendar, iCal, Wiggio, etc.

One way we have been able to integrate the LDS.org calendars into our wards and stake and still allow access to our ecclesiastical leaders was to use the Sync for Google Calendar. I gave my personal Sync code to the Second Counselor and a Sister who is part of the Nurturing Couple which allowed them access to see the Calendar. This is obviously just a short term fix to allow us to function until furthered solutions are determined.

Return to “Calendar”