Request for Speaker Phone in HC Rm or Presidents Office

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
Paulbb1

Request for Speaker Phone in HC Rm or Presidents Office

Post by Paulbb1 »

I know this is the wrong area initially but the questions goes to video conferencing very quickly. Is this discussed else where?

My Stk President has requested that he have a speakerphone for his use in Presidency meetings. One councilor travels a lot. They could use it for HC meetings as well. The FM office suggested the following which is very good unit but expensive.

Polycom SoundStation2 Expandable Conference Phone (2200-16200-001) $428.

In other threads it was mentioned to use the below unit with a computer over the internet.
ClearOne 910-156-200 Chat 150 USB Group USB speakerphone $315.78

We already have a small video camera as well as a Sony D70 for webcasting.

Any suggestions as to direction to go? The voice only is simplest choice but is the chat 150 USB simple enough to do both?
Arlan Beebe
Ann Arbor Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've never used the ClearOne, so no comment there. Polycom I think is Gold Standard of conferencing audio. It will take a phone line, so it may or may not fit your need there. The biggest drawback might be getting more then one person on remote at the same time.

Note that just because you use the Polycom doesn't mean you can't also use something to share the computer screen if that needed. I've noticed that many webinars I go to ask that users use the phone to call in for conferencing rather then using the computer's sound card. I assume there's a reason for that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

Our stake has one of these and we have one at work. They are great in that they "Just Work"
We use the one at work with webinars frequently because the audio is much better than the computer microphone and it has the intelligence to prevent feedback.
Edit: We have Polycoms
Aaron Z
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Aczlan wrote:Our stake has one of these and we have one at work. They are great in that they "Just Work"

Polycom or ClearOne?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

RussellHltn wrote:Polycom or ClearOne?
Polycom

Aaron Z

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”