Out of Unit members dumped

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Allan_F

Out of Unit members dumped

Post by Allan_F »

I have just had a problem with MLS 3.4.1. The stake MLS information was not corresponding with the information with the wards in the stake so I did a File/Request Unit Refresh Data for all of the wards. When I did a send/receive a little while later all of the Out of Unit members for the wards had been removed from the Stake MLS. Since we are a YSA stake all of the bishoprics, who are all out of unit members, were empty. I had to restore to a back up, but this leaves the original problem unresolved. I tried a single ward to see if it would repeat itself and it did. The ward bishopric was again removed from the Stake MLS.

Does anyone have a work around, where I can somehow correct the stake MLS to reflect the individual ward information without removing all of their out of unit members from the stake database?

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Allan_F wrote:I have just had a problem with MLS 3.4.1.

Are you a beta site? Are the other units on the same version (it sometimes causes problems when they are not) Because mls.lds.org still shows 3.4 as current.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Lots of experience with this one. They do come back eventually. I have had a couple conversations with LUS about it. In the end, the trickle back in, but yes, every time I request a refresh I lose the the out of unit leaders. I'm not sure if it's an MLS or CDOL issue, though.

The other thing I've noticed is that it is not consistent. I don't think I've ever had an entire bishopric for every ward, but who is missing changes with time. I've also had issues with EQ/RS presidencies, especially if the unit use to have 2 quorums/RS. This one I worked extensively with LUS to get resolved but ended up just giving up and maintaining my own list outside of MLS.
Allan_F

Post by Allan_F »

MLS support asked that I upgrade when I called about another problem. Not sure if the problem with OUMs started before or after the upgrade.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

It's a problem I had back with 3.1 at least, so not likely.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Allan_F wrote:MLS support asked that I upgrade when I called about another problem. Not sure if the problem with OUMs started before or after the upgrade.

And did they ask you to see that the entire stake upgraded? Using different versions of MLS at the ward/branch level creates havoc for the stake. I repeat ...
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote:Using different versions of MLS at the ward/branch level creates havoc for the stake.
This does not always hold true. But in the interest of having to find out the hard way all the MLS versions within a stake should be running the same version.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:
lajackson wrote:\Using different versions of MLS at the ward/branch level creates havoc for the stake.

This does not always hold true. But in the interest of having to find out the hard way all the MLS versions within a stake should be running the same version.

I'm sure it depends on what got changed and if it affects the ward/stake communication. But they don't always tell us that so the only safe position is to make sure all are the same. Otherwise, you need to check with CHQ to see if specific versions play well together.

Which reminds me, I noticed our stake didn't upgrade to 3.4. I may have to fix that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”