October 2011 General Conference not on Church-wide events calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mpolder

October 2011 General Conference not on Church-wide events calendar

Post by mpolder »

I do not see October 2011 General Conference on the Church-Wide Events layer of the new lds.org calendar. Am I blind (no John references please) or is this an error?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are church-wide events on the new calender? I've never seen one.

This says that church-wide events will be added "in 2011". I don't think it's been done yet. It could be part of 2.0.

I don't see it in the classic LUWS calendar, but the original plan was for that to be phased out before 2012.

If you need to know the dates, you can check the Broadcast Schedule.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mpolder wrote:I do not see October 2011 General Conference on the Church-Wide Events layer of the new lds.org calendar. Am I blind (no John references please) or is this an error?
It is quite possible the Church-Wide Events calendar is a local calendar created either by the stake or your ward. Check with your stake or ward default calendar approvers about this.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mpolder

It was a local calendar

Post by mpolder »

Our Stake Executive Secretary created a local calendar and called it Church-Wide Events. At least he didn't re-schedule General Conference.
cabrooksby

Post by cabrooksby »

I am a Stake Clerk and we are trying to finalize our 2012 stake calendars so that the Wards can then schedule their events for 2012. But we are still guessing on when the General church wide events will be! Like General Conference in April! Is it the weekend of 3/31 or 4/7? When will we be seeing these on the calendar? There are just a few short months until 2012.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cabrooksby wrote:I am a Stake Clerk and we are trying to finalize our 2012 stake calendars so that the Wards can then schedule their events for 2012. But we are still guessing on when the General church wide events will be! Like General Conference in April! Is it the weekend of 3/31 or 4/7? When will we be seeing these on the calendar? There are just a few short months until 2012.

We have no timetable for when the church will start putting church-wide events on the calendars. But you can find the answers to most of your questions by looking at the 2012 Satellite Broadcast Schedule.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:We have no timetable for when the church will start putting church-wide events on the calendars. But you can find the answers to most of your questions by looking at the 2012 Satellite Broadcast Schedule.
But note that the "Commemorating 100 Years of Seminary" event that was originally scheduled for 12 Feb 2012 is now on 22 Jan 2012.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:But note that the "Commemorating 100 Years of Seminary" event that was originally scheduled for 12 Feb 2012 is now on 22 Jan 2012.

How is that change being communicated?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:How is that change being communicated?
There was an official letter dated 12 Sep 2011 notifying stake presidents of the change, and with that letter (or perhaps a separate one?) is an updated satellite schedule.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”