Updating Branch Presidency

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
colbyj

Updating Branch Presidency

Post by colbyj »

One of our Branch Presidencies changed this past weekend. As the stake clerk, I went into MLS afterwards and via the new leader change form, I changed out the old branch president and added in the new one. I then did a send/receive with MLS. I checked CDOL this morning (three days after I made the MLS change) and the old president is still listed. How do I go about getting the branch presidency officially changed in MLS and elsewhere for the church?
thank you
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote:One of our Branch Presidencies changed this past weekend. As the stake clerk, I went into MLS afterwards and via the new leader change form, I changed out the old branch president and added in the new one. I then did a send/receive with MLS. I checked CDOL this morning (three days after I made the MLS change) and the old president is still listed. How do I go about getting the branch presidency officially changed in MLS and elsewhere for the church?

You've done it the right way. But it's only been one business day since the MLS change. Changes to the branch president or bishop have to be reviewed by a human being -- CDOL is not simply automatically updated based on the LUCR you submitted. So with Monday being a holiday, the people doing the review have only had one day so far to work on their backlog of changes submitted over the weekend. So I'd advise waiting another day or two before getting concerned at all. If it still hasn't happened by tomorrow, then you might want to submit feedback on the CDOL site.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

will do, thank you very much

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”