Stake Calendar issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sharonlower

Stake Calendar issues

Post by sharonlower »

Need to UPDATE YOUR Datebase to sync with IPHONE and IPADS
Calendars don't show description updates
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sharonlower wrote:Need to UPDATE YOUR Datebase to sync with IPHONE and IPADS
You posted this in the Classic Ward & Stake Sites forum, so I'm assuming you are talking about the Classic calendar, and not the new Calendar on lds.org. If that is correct, then you are probably going to be disappointed. Development work is not longer being done on the Classic calendar -- all new development efforts are focused on the new Calendar, which already supports synchronization with iPhones and iPads (see the Apple iCal section of Sync with Third-Party Calendars).
sharonlower wrote:Calendars don't show description updates
I'm not sure what you are saying here. My stake no longer uses the Classic calendar, but back when we did (earlier this year), we had no problems with descriptions. When an administrator changed a description, regular members would see the change. Occasionally, users needed to refresh the page in their browser, but that's common for many web applications.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sharonlower

Post by sharonlower »

Been using the NEW Stake Calendar since Nov 2010.
Stake leaders pointed out to me that IPHONES and IPADS are NOT updated
computer says one thing they look and less is typed in
No description or not updated as I do often show up
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sharonlower wrote:Been using the NEW Stake Calendar since Nov 2010.

Since this is for the new calender, I moved the thread to the proper section for new calenders.

Note, that the sync frequency is based on what ever the device decides to do. My gut feeling is that the device isn't pulling as often as you'd expect.

You can paste the URL into a browser and download the file. Have you looked at the file? Does it contain the updates?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sharonlower

Post by sharonlower »

Russell
I haven't a clue what you are asking me to do
Download what?

Also, the events have to be moved temporialy to anyother day to update description
clicking on an event in its current spot hasn't worked ever. So I touch my mouse
and move that event I want to change to another day Making sure my dates
are added correctly then resend it back.

Stake Presidency is giving me 12 months for 2012 in afew days
Is it OK to start typing it all in the New Stake Calendar?
OR will it be deleted and I will have to retype 2011 and 2012 New Stake Calendar area?
I've worked so hard on this New Stake Calendar I hope it all will stay
Poor Stake Presdency gets confused with their IPHONES looking at the New Calendar
members have complained no description is added but I have it full

Return to “Calendar”