LDS Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
e_pech

LDS Tools

Post by e_pech »

Hello,

I am using the LDS Tools app in my Android phone (I am Ward Clerk at my ward in Mexico). The problem is, I can only see names, not last names, there are several people with the same name (e.g. Jose, Maria, etc) so you could imagine the hassle it is to click on several contacts until, by seeing the rest of the family, I can determine which one I need.

What would be the reason of this issue? At first I thought it was normal behavior (security reasons maybe?) but then I saw some screenshots of the app and realized last names are shown.

Thanks for all your effort, I expect to join the community soon (I am an Embedded Software Engineer but I have done some work with J2ME and I'm eager to learn Android).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

All I can think of is that you check with other users in Mexico. I believe Mexico is in a different Area from the U.S., so there might be some different settings set by the Area Office.

Are there any privacy laws in Mexico that might limit the disclosure of last names?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
e_pech

Post by e_pech »

As far as I know there aren't any laws about privacy, it was just my thinking (it was the first thing I thought as a result of trying to figure out why it was like that).

Do you know if the information is retrieved from the same place as the Directory available via web? (my directory in LDS.org shows last names).

Thank you for your time and help.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”