former stake members receiving notices from cancelled calendar items

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mpolder

former stake members receiving notices from cancelled calendar items

Post by mpolder »

I got an email today from a family that moved out of the stake a few months ago. Evidently they got an email when I cancelled an event on our stake calendar. I assume they are still subscribed, though hopefully one would be automatically unsubscribed when changing units. Is this still in the works?

thanks,
matthew
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't remember the details, but I think there's some glitches in moving wards. Do you know if their records did in fact go to another ward? Are they still sitting in the old ward waiting for information, or perhaps moved to "Address Unknown"?

Does that other ward have a website?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mpolder

Post by mpolder »

I did check to verify that their records have moved out of our stake. I would assume their records were successfully sent as the husband was one of our ward clerks. Don't all wards (U.S and Canada anyways, sorry to be N. America centric) have websites?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mpolder wrote:Don't all wards (U.S and Canada anyways, sorry to be N. America centric) have websites?
Under the classic LUWS a stake had to submit a request before it was available. It was not automatic. I do not know how the new LUWS will be implemented for those not currently using the classic LUWS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”