LDS.ORG "Give Us Your Feedback" Form

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jepeneter-p40

LDS.ORG "Give Us Your Feedback" Form

Post by jepeneter-p40 »

I have been a loyal reader of Daily Gems for quite some time. About 3 months ago, I changed jobs and needed to change my email address for the service. I did so and for two days got the emails to the new address. Then it stopped. I noticed it a few days later and resubscribed. No change (it did tell me I was already subscribed). I unsubscribed and resubscribed and no change. But this isn't the main issue for this post.

So, I went to LDS.ORG and clicked on the "Give Us Your Feedback" link. I filled in the form and waited. And waited. So a week or so ago, I filled in the form again. Still no response.

Just curious: where does that feedback go and what is the process for resolving issues?
-John-
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jepeneter wrote:About 3 months ago, I changed jobs and needed to change my email address for the service. I did so and for two days got the emails to the new address. Then it stopped.
Uh, are you sure it's not caught in the spam filter for the new address? Perhaps the responses got caught as well.
jepeneter-p40

Post by jepeneter-p40 »

Yup. Check all my filters regularly. Nothing there.

And it still doesn't explain why there was no response from the feedback form folks.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

On another thread they talked about the feedback form and that is can take months to never to receive a response. Though if you asked a question then I am sure that they will get around to responding.

As for GEMS, is the email a coorperate e-mail? It could be that they are blocking it before your filters even hit it. Ask your supervisor about it.
- David
jepeneter-p40

Post by jepeneter-p40 »

Not corporate mail. Using MSN/Hotmail.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

jepeneter wrote:I have been a loyal reader of Daily Gems for quite some time. About 3 months ago, I changed jobs and needed to change my email address for the service. I did so and for two days got the emails to the new address. Then it stopped. I noticed it a few days later and resubscribed. No change (it did tell me I was already subscribed). I unsubscribed and resubscribed and no change. But this isn't the main issue for this post.

So, I went to LDS.ORG and clicked on the "Give Us Your Feedback" link. I filled in the form and waited. And waited. So a week or so ago, I filled in the form again. Still no response.

Just curious: where does that feedback go and what is the process for resolving issues?
-John-
We receive thousands of feedback forms each week. Note, the feedback forms are not a source of technical support so it is not surprising that you have not received a response. Currently the Church does not have a "technical support" # for the average member. There are support channels for those using MLS, etc. but not for things like Gems. Your best bet is to use these forums.

My guess is that somehow your account for the mailing lists is messed up. I'll throw this thread over to some guys I know that work in that department but I can't promise anything.

Tom
jepeneter-p40

Post by jepeneter-p40 »

Tom,
Thank you for the information. Thousands of feedbacks per week is truly amazing. I hope something can be done as Daily Gems are great! But I understand that nothing might happen due to the overwhelming load.
-John-
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Just a thought, you might want to unsubscribe for a couple days and then resubscribe, it might fix the server side problem. Also make sure your hotmail filter doesn't delete outright but instead puts it in your junk mail folder. Someone might have tagged GEMS as junk mail and now it is considered junk by the entire system.
- David
johnoverbaugh-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by johnoverbaugh-p40 »

Yup there are thousands of posts that come through - the content is actually quite suprising! There's a small team devoted to sifting through all the mails, though, so answers can take a while. I can say that I've personally received a quick turn-around - I was assigned to India for four months at a previous job; shortly before my family and I left, we looked for a meeting time in our destination city. The branches were all listed w/o times, so I posted a question and received a reply in a matter of hours.

It's kind of catch-as-catch-can, unfortunately. But they definitely do their best.

Was your subscription issue worked out eventually?
John Overbaugh
Testing Team Lead, LDS.org

overbaughjt at ldschurch dot org
jepeneter-p40

Feedback Form

Post by jepeneter-p40 »

Thank you for your post/reply. Amazing how many messages a small team has to deal with.

Unfortunately, no, I am still not getting LDS Gems. I unregistered, waited for a few weeks, registered again, but no change. Still no GEMS.

I am getting a secular Daily Dose fix by getting Foundation for a Better Life's daily quotes. Not quite the same though.

Return to “Main Church Website”