FamilySearch Research Wiki Beta

Ask questions and discuss topics of interest related to the FamilySearch wiki found at http://wiki.familysearch.org.

Moderator: ForbesMM

greenwoodkl

FamilySearch Research Wiki Beta

Post by greenwoodkl »

Hey all,

Thought I'd share this new wiki I ran into from a link on the BYU Family History Library website:

http://www.familysearchwiki.org/

It looks like a beta of an official Research Wiki from FamilySearch. I'm sure they could use some help, testing, feedback, etc...

Happy researching,
Karl Greenwood
dobrichelovek

Church Website(s)

Post by dobrichelovek »

Nice to see something like that. A cursory look shows articles posted there as early as January 2007. I'm particularly impressed with the concept that the wiki can be used in multiple languages. This should be the natural default of the Church at this stage and I am glad to see that it is happening in some of the newer elements being produced. I'm just sad that Russian isn't on the list. :)

Registering is required. I understand this. I am wondering where the Church is on federated identity? It sure would be nice if I could link all my church website identities under one account much like a google or windows live account. I know that we have a member named Mark that works in that field of identity if help is needed in this area. (Last name intentionally left empty. He has a blog called Discovering Identity and another family site that talks about, among other things, his Mongolian Missionary son.)

Anyway, back to the FamilySearch Wiki. Even though the site has been up for a while, it looks like it's still a work in progress. In general, if you want to actively use it, make sure you provide good feedback when you come across a technical problem so it can get better.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

dobrichelovek wrote:Registering is required. I understand this. I am wondering where the Church is on federated identity? It sure would be nice if I could link all my church website identities under one account much like a google or windows live account. I know that we have a member named Mark that works in that field of identity if help is needed in this area. (Last name intentionally left empty. He has a blog called Discovering Identity and another family site that talks about, among other things, his Mongolian Missionary son.)
We are working towards this end. Some apps are now using a single sign-on but there are a ton of apps to still convert.

Tom

Return to “FamilySearch Wiki”