iPad 2 random highlight/annotation loss

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
camrow

iPad 2 random highlight/annotation loss

Post by camrow »

Maybe there's something the Lord thinks I'm not getting out of Mosiah 3. I've had to re-highlight, re-tag, and re-note the same passages over and over. Cocoa errors all the time. I'll get several detailed notes done, and then the whole chapter goes blank. When I open back up, only pre-existing highlights are there (not highlights from the Pre-Existence), none of the new notes are on LDS.org, and I find myself back at square one, discussing the symbolic commandment to awake, the reassurance given to Benjamin that his righteous service has been accepted, and that verses 5-7 detail the literal fulfillment of the symbols of the Day of Atonement. It's starting to get a little frustrating. Help please!
pwilson

Post by pwilson »

I am unable to make any annotations in Gospel Library getting the Cocoa error every time. It is pretty annoying.
camrow

Tags last

Post by camrow »

I noticed that sometimes I can highlight or make a note, and although the cocoa error comes up, if I put in a tag, the note goes into place under the highlighted text. Hasn't been really syncing in a while though.
camrow

Post by camrow »

In order to get an annotation to stick, I have to turn off my wifi and shut off the sync function. Then I can annotate freely. Later on, I can turn WiFi back on and turn the sync back on and the annotations transfer. Clearly and issue with real-time syncing in the Cocoa.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

Make sure you are using the very latest version of Gospel Library for the iPad. I have had the most success deleting it completely from iTunes and then synching to remove it from the iPad. I then download the latest version back to iTunes and then resync. I have had no issues at all with any tagging or notes using an original iPad.
camrow

I just got this iPad two weeks ago.

Post by camrow »

This is the only iOS device I have. Started fresh.
camrow

Post by camrow »

I just followed the directions to wipe and reinstall and the problem persists. Here's the message:
Core Data Error
The operation couldn't be completed. (Cocoa error 1560.)(null)(null)(Error Code: 1560)
stallm50

Cocoa error 1570

Post by stallm50 »

Has anyone found a resolution to this error? Am using new iPad 2, and upgraded to iOS 5. Lost my annotations during upgrade becuz I did not have sync setting on prior to that. This morning, I set sync to ON, and now error 1570 pops up every time I try to highlight verses in Helaman. HELP! :confused:
mikekelly

Post by mikekelly »

I'm getting the same 1570 error with my iPad2. Any ideas how to fix this?

Return to “Gospel Library”