Problems with Sony EVI-D70 camera

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
davelane

Problems with Sony EVI-D70 camera

Post by davelane »

I have just recieved an EVI-D70 camera from our local FM Group in preparation to webcast our Stake Conference next week. When I apply power it goes through what I would describe as a positional initialization which ends with the camera in the center of travel, after about 30 seconds both the power and standby leds begin to flash. I am getting nothing out of the composite video jack. Also it does not respond to the remote control except the power button starts the process over again. Does anyone have any suggestions?
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

It is not normal. My cameras will do this if the communications (RS422) are not working correctly so my assumption is that the camera is probably shutting down after failing some safety check.

I would immediately contact the the FM group for a replacement so they can have it repaired under warranty.

Have you checked the DIP switches on the bottom to make sure they are in the correct position?

It probably will not have any effect on your camera, but I have mine set to:

SW1 off (uses EVI-D30 control codes only)
SW2 Off (transmits IR signals via VISCA out jack)
SW3 On (Which protocal to use RS232 off, RS422 on)
SW4 Off (baud rate for communications)

I can email you a manual if you need it.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

davelane wrote:I have just recieved an EVI-D70 camera from our local FM Group in preparation to webcast our Stake Conference next week. When I apply power it goes through what I would describe as a positional initialization which ends with the camera in the center of travel, after about 30 seconds both the power and standby leds begin to flash. I am getting nothing out of the composite video jack. Also it does not respond to the remote control except the power button starts the process over again. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Are you using batteries or the power converter? If you're on the converter try removing/replacing the battery. It may be shorted and causing the power to drop.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
davelane

Post by davelane »

Thank You for the input. I have a manual as well as a technical guide. I did try various settings od the switches on the bottom, to no avail. I have even tied a different power source. We have come to the conclusion that it is DOA. Our FM manger has ordered a replacement via overnight delivery. Will test the new one tomorrow.
davelane

Post by davelane »

Recieved replacement camera and it works perfectly. apparently a defective unit.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”