Flagging Membership Records Before They Move Out

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mattbweber

Flagging Membership Records Before They Move Out

Post by mattbweber »

Is it possible to flag the membership record of someone in our unit which would, in case the records are moved, indicate to the new bishop the need to call the previous bishop? I found a post that addressed this issue but it was 4 years old, and back then it seemed that this was not possible. I know that such a thing can be accomplished when I actively move the records to a new unit but what if the records are pulled from our unit? This is why it would be nice to prematurely flag the record as a precaution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There's no change I'm aware of.

One issue I can see with this is that a ward might forget to unflagg a record. So when the member moves out 10 years and 3 bishops later, no one will know what to tell the new bishop when he calls and asks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This has been discussed more recently in these threads, which may give you some helpful suggestions:
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Membership Help”