Internship Opportunties

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
kyleesimmons-p40

Internship Opportunties

Post by kyleesimmons-p40 »

Did you know that the Information and Communications Systems department at the Church offers some of the best internship opportunities out there. The internships offered are filled with loads of experience, fun activities, and great environment, and competitive pay. Many people are unaware that there are such amazing benefits and opportunities to work at the Church as a full-time or part-time intern. Presently, we have internships in Interaction Design, Development, Quality Assurance, Consumer Technology Research, Project Coordination, and Enterprise Management.

We're trying to find the best way possible to advertise these great internships. Any suggestions?? Let me know if you know of a student or a recent graduate who is looking to get experience in these IT fields or who is looking to work full-time for the church eventually. We're looking for bright, motivated, responsible, optimistic individuals to help us push the work forward here at the Church through our amazing internship program!
jhvdh84

Post by jhvdh84 »

Hi, I am one of those students that you're talking about, and I'm definitely interested in the internship possibilities at the Church. I'm currently a junior in the Information Systems program at BYU, and I've been looking into getting an internship for this summer once I'm out of school. I've applied to one at the Church through eRecruiting, BYU's recruiting website, and I intend on going to the BYU Career Fair this coming Thursday and talking to the Church recruiters there.

One of the best places to find the kind of individuals you're talking about is at BYU. I'm sure there are other options out there, but from this side of the recruiting table, I don't really know what those would be other than visiting campuses.
aquintanal-p40

Post by aquintanal-p40 »

jhvdh wrote:Hi, I am one of those students that you're talking about, and I'm definitely interested in the internship possibilities at the Church. I'm currently a junior in the Information Systems program at BYU, and I've been looking into getting an internship for this summer once I'm out of school. I've applied to one at the Church through eRecruiting, BYU's recruiting website, and I intend on going to the BYU Career Fair this coming Thursday and talking to the Church recruiters there.

One of the best places to find the kind of individuals you're talking about is at BYU. I'm sure there are other options out there, but from this side of the recruiting table, I don't really know what those would be other than visiting campuses.

Please stop by our booth at the Tech Fair and invtie all of your friends. Bring your resume with you as well. We will have hiring managers there to do interviews on the spot and the list of all the internship opportunities. In addition, Joel dehlin - the CIO will be speaking in CS404 that day and will be stopping by our booth. We'll be there from 9am-3pm!
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

aquintanal wrote:Please stop by our booth at the Tech Fair and invtie all of your friends. Bring your resume with you as well. We will have hiring managers there to do interviews on the spot and the list of all the internship opportunities. In addition, Joel dehlin - the CIO will be speaking in CS404 that day and will be stopping by our booth. We'll be there from 9am-3pm!

I'll defiantly be stopping by the both.

In reference to CS 404, maybe we can have Joel come over to EC En 391. Lots of computer engineers over there. :D
- David
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

I don't think anyone would object if you were to join that class temporarily. :)
Josiah-p40

Post by Josiah-p40 »

Consumer Technology Research? I would pay for that internship. Very interested in interning with your department.

IT major at BYU-Idaho.
aquintanal-p40

Post by aquintanal-p40 »

We will be at BYU-Idaho's career fair October 17th from 9am-3pm. I believe it is in the Hart Field house. Please stop by our booth and give us yuour resume. We have several opportunities which may interest you. Thanks!!
Benjamin Kirato-p40

Very interested!

Post by Benjamin Kirato-p40 »

I submitted my application online trying to get an internship for summer with the IT department for summer and I am still waiting for a response. I am an International student from Tanzania majoring in CIT at BYU-Idaho. I am real interested to work for the church as It will prepare me in helping out the church whenever it needs my expertise when I am back to Africa.
kyleesimmons-p40

Still waiting...

Post by kyleesimmons-p40 »

Sorry about that Ben. We do have internships available; however, our hiring managers are still trying to work out the exact number of available internships between each department in ICS. I know you're looking to solidify your summer plans and I apologize for the delay. Hopefully, in the next week or so they'll be able to make some concrete decisions. Thanks for touching bases and I'll be sure to let the managers and recruiters know about your inquiry so that we can get back to you ASAP.
simplydreamer-p40

Nothing but frustration

Post by simplydreamer-p40 »

I am writing to express my frustration with the recruiting process that the Church has. I'm a student at BYU-Idaho who is majoring in Information Systems. I applied for 4-5 position at the Church office and got notified about three. After the interview over the phone I got invited for the interview in Salt Lake City. Interview went well and they told me that I will be notified by the end of the week. It's been a while and nobody contacted me. I mean, at least they could have sent me an email notifying about their decision. I spent $65 and a whole day on the road and expected some respect. Seriously, is it really that hard to notify? There are a lot of students who are very interested in internships with the Church, because they feel they can make a difference, but it they will be treated like that no one will want to work there.

Return to “Technical Recruiting”