90 Min Audit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

90 Min Audit

Post by wrigjef »

Just had my stake audit. Almost exactly 90 minutes. No we don't have big weekly batches (deposits are typically a check or two each month) but we do have an incredible number of expense checks (many more then the average ward).
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Wow! I wish our audits were only 90 minutes! However, the Stake has decided to move the auditors around to different wards so perhaps we have seen the last of the 4-6 hour audits for awhile!
jessehanks

2 hours for me

Post by jessehanks »

I've been an auditor for about 7 months. It usually takes me about 2 hours.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

I've been audited at the Stake level 7 times; none have exceed an hour.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

mlh78 wrote:I've been audited at the Stake level 7 times; none have exceed an hour.

That may be an apples-to-oranges comparison. Deposit batches are much fewer and smaller for stakes than for wards.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

mfmohlma wrote:That may be an apples-to-oranges comparison. Deposit batches are much fewer and smaller for stakes than for wards.
Just responding to the original poster and giving the community an additional data point.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

mlh78 wrote:Just responding to the original poster and giving the community an additional data point.

I must have rocks for brains today. :p You are right. Sorry.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

And our auditor (for several years) is a retired major Airline maintenance mechanic, used to the details required to document to pass an FAA inspection. We love him, but are secretly glad he is "fully inspecting" financial documents in some other ward in the stake this time around...;)

I do have to say that he has caught some things we have missed and our record processes are better for it now.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”