Stake Clerk Access to Recommendation Forms

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mlh78

Stake Clerk Access to Recommendation Forms

Post by mlh78 »

Does anyone know why the Stake Clerk does not have lds.org access to the online recommendations for new bishops, stake presidency counselors, and patriarchs? The access chart shows that the Stake Executive Secretary has access. Is this a subtle hint that the secretary and not the clerk should be completing the report for the Stake President? I find this puzzling because the Stake clerk can prepare this report from within MLS.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I hadn't noticied because they don't show up for me.... certainly in my stake the stake clerk prepares these forms. Just did a couple today in fact...
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

I noticed the availability of these forms on the pop-up when entering the Leader Portal soon after they became available (a few months ago). However, like you, I noted that I (a Stake Clerk) didn't see them. I sent Feedback and questioned this. I never got a response, but then the Church IS being inundated with tons of LDS.org Feedback messages.
Then the access table was published and I got the answer as to why I didn't see the forms. Like you, I also don't understand the philosophy behind the decision to not allow Clerk access, but I can live with it.
JLR

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”