Stake directories - available from stake web sites?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
ericb

Stake directories - available from stake web sites?

Post by ericb »

In past years, our stake has printed a calendar and directory of members for everyone in the stake. They are considering not doing it this year, and instead direct members to the stake web site. However, I noticed there is not the ability to download/print a stake directory (you can only search for a member...and I tried the '3 spaces' trick and it didn't work).

Does anyone know if there is some way to do this, or if there are plans to allow a stake directory to be printed/downloaded by members of the stake? I know there is the inevitable 'personal information' issue and how it would be easier to transmit the information to others who shouldn't have it. Personally, I perceive the risk is pretty much the same whether it is in printed or electronic format. Is there some direction being given to the stakes regarding this?
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

A cheap trick is to go to the stake page and search for a member with space entered 3 times. This will take awhile though. But usually when the person is using the stake directory they are knowing the ward to look in (you can get everyone from the ward on a single page) or a specific person.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:A cheap trick is to go to the stake page and search for a member with space entered 3 times. This will take awhile though. But usually when the person is using the stake directory they are knowing the ward to look in (you can get everyone from the ward on a single page) or a specific person.
Also it lists each individual in the stake separately (children included). It does not list them by family.

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Thus the reason it takes so long (about 2 mins).
- David

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”