Ordering Additional Storehouse Forms

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
AndrewScivally

Ordering Additional Storehouse Forms

Post by AndrewScivally »

I've been all over the online LDS store and can't seem to figure out where to order additional Bishops-Order for commodities-Food order forms. Anyone know how to do it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AndrewScivally wrote:I've been all over the online LDS store and can't seem to figure out where to order additional Bishops-Order for commodities-Food order forms. Anyone know how to do it?
Access to many items on store.lds.org depends on your calling. This post says that only the bishop can order them online.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
AndrewScivally

Post by AndrewScivally »

FYI...I heard back from the LDS Online Store support and they said:
"Because the Bishop's Order Forms for Food and Commodities are highly restricted, these items are not available for order online. Please call the Global Service Center at 1-800-537-5971 to order these items."
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AndrewScivally wrote:FYI...I heard back from the LDS Online Store support and they said:
"Because the Bishop's Order Forms for Food and Commodities are highly restricted, these items are not available for order online. Please call the Global Service Center at 1-800-537-5971 to order these items."
Thanks for reporting back. I know that it was once possible to order them online, so it's helpful to know that they can now only be ordered by phone.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

I wish there were some way of returning this task, as well as Temple Recommend book ordering, to something Clerks could do. Our Bishop is a wonderful people person and manager, but lacks tech savvy, and has very busy family, work, and service schedules, which is why it took several weeks for him to place a recent order for recommend books. Today he asked for more Food and Commodities forms. I'm guessing it will take a few weeks for him to order them as well.

In a small way I feel like trust in my current position (Ward Clerk) is lacking or degraded. I understand the need for restricting access to such items. I guess I lack understanding about why these tasks now need this extra measure of security.

No need for discussion, just sharing in this quandry.

I very much appreciate having these forums of discussion and discovery. This thread just saved me an hour or more of searching.

Take care all.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jpjonesxyz wrote:I wish there were some way of returning this task, as well as Temple Recommend book ordering, to something Clerks could do. Our Bishop is a wonderful people person and manager, but lacks tech savvy, and has very busy family, work, and service schedules, which is why it took several weeks for him to place a recent order for recommend books. Today he asked for more Food and Commodities forms. I'm guessing it will take a few weeks for him to order them as well.
Clerks can still order temple recommend books, but not online. You have to call the Global Service Center to do it. I ordered a new book for my bishop last week.

I haven't personally ordered Food and Commodities forms but I'd assume the same is true there too.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

This is getting curiouser and curioser.

That is a totally unexpected option. I would've never thought to attempt it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jpjonesxyz wrote:This is getting curiouser and curioser.

That is a totally unexpected option. I would've never thought to attempt it.
I don't think it's as odd as you might think at first. Please note that the Church has consolidated a wide variety of support services under the name "Global Service Center". If you follow that link, you'll see that it covers Distribution Services, IT Support, Local Unit Support, and other areas. There are some phone numbers and email addresses that get you directly to subsections of the GSC, but it is indeed part of one large support operation.

So although eblood66 used the term "Global Service Center", he was referring to the Distribution Services part of the GSC; there's no real change in that process -- we've always contacted Distribution Services to order temple recommend books.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:So although eblood66 used the term "Global Service Center", he was referring to the Distribution Services part of the GSC; there's no real change in that process -- we've always contacted Distribution Services to order temple recommend books.

Just so. I used the 'Global Service Center' name because when you call the distribution services number now the automated message greets you using the 'Global Services Center' name. They seem to be rebranding all of the services under that one name. But otherwise it's the same thing I've always done when ordering recommend books.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Didn't pay much attention to the GSC reference. Bad habit of skimming transformed it to Distribution.

I'm used to rules being consistently limiting with no chance for work-arounds. Probably too much time in government jobs. So, I normally wouldn't consider calling Distribution (or GSC) to request something I'm not allowed to order on-line. It's an inconsistency that defy's my usual reasoning.

I'll probably just continue to let the Bishop place such orders. I anticipate the concept will become more consistently restrictive in the future.

Return to “Reports and Forms”