Mark Record as Missionary

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
beastwood

Mark Record as Missionary

Post by beastwood »

Is there a way to mark a record as a current missionary so that they do not consistently keep popping up on various reports, rolls, etc.? I thought that there used to be, but now I can't find it.

Thanks in advance
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

beastwood wrote:Is there a way to mark a record as a current missionary so that they do not consistently keep popping up on various reports, rolls, etc.? I thought that there used to be, but now I can't find it.

When we switched from MIS to MLS in 2004, that option went away. It has never come back.
beastwood

Post by beastwood »

Thanks! I looked around for a couple of weeks--I should've come here a while ago!
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

You should call them as a missionary, however, and then release them when they return. The standard calling in MLS is:
Organization: Miscellaneous
Calling: Missionary

Since this calling is not sustained, we enter the calling date for the sustaining date, which MLS requires. The hard part is remembering to release them in MLS when they get home, as that is done by the stake and there isn't a paper trail to the ward about it.
There is also a standard calling for Missionary - Ward/branch, which you might use for "ward missionaries" that are not full-time.
By properly calling missionaries, they at least won't show up on "members without callings" lists, and you can then exclude these missionaries from any custom reports you create, or include them in custom reports, such as a report that would tabulate the full-time missionaries for ward/stake conference, or for counting attendance on your quarterly report, as full-time missionaries are counted as attending.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kisaac wrote:You should call them as a missionary, however, and then release them when they return. The standard calling in MLS is:
Organization: Miscellaneous
Calling: Missionary
The standard calling is 'Missionary - Full Time'.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”