Problems with Downloading a Notebook

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
gavinpayne

Problems with Downloading a Notebook

Post by gavinpayne »

I really like the idea of the online scriptures with the sync'd highlights, bookmarks, and journal entries.

I was preparing a lesson and marked many scriptures and placed them in a notebook. I then went to the notebook to download it so I could print it/upload to google docs to deliver my lesson.

I clicked the little down arrow on the right of the notebook, selected "Download" and a window opend up with options on what to include and file type.

I then clicked the download button at the bottom... but nothing happened. I tried many different options, browsers, computers, etc... but I am unalbe to download the contents of the notebook.

Can someone help?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gavinpayne wrote:I then clicked the download button at the bottom... but nothing happened. I tried many different options, browsers, computers, etc... but I am unalbe to download the contents of the notebook.

Can someone help?
I can't provide much help, but I did try the same thing and can confirm that the Download options doesn't work for me, either. I've nlever used that option, so I don't know if it ever worked or exactly how it is supposed to operate.

It would be good for you to use the Submit Feedback link (at the bottom of each lds.org page) to report the problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gavinpayne

Post by gavinpayne »

aebrown wrote:It would be good for you to use the Submit Feedback link (at the bottom of each lds.org page) to report the problem.

Thanks for the reply. I have submitted the feedback as you suggest. And thanks to all those that are making the lds.org site so awesome!
gavinpayne

Post by gavinpayne »

gavinpayne wrote:Thanks for the reply. I have submitted the feedback as you suggest. And thanks to all those that are making the lds.org site so awesome!

I submitted the feedback and got back an answer to a question I didn't ask... I restated my question but haven't heard back in many weeks. Any able to get this feature to work for them? If so what is your setup?

Thanks
pagerk

Re: Problems with Downloading a Notebook

Post by pagerk »

I am having the same issue. I want to backup my entries but, for docx format, I get the following error:
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /study-tools/ajax/folder/download.
Reason: Error reading from remote server

I have a "submit feedback" link on every part of lds.org except the Notes and Journal page. Is there an alternative way to submit feedback?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pagerk wrote:I have a "submit feedback" link on every part of lds.org except the Notes and Journal page. Is there an alternative way to submit feedback?
Just use the feedback link on one of the other pages.
pagerk

Post by pagerk »

The response I get from lds.org feedback is:
Unfortunately, all of the technical information we receive is from tech.lds.org. In fact, that is where we are directed to send people, since this site is the official technology site for the Church. Those of us on the Response Team for lds.org are either volunteers or CSMs, with little or no expertise in this area. We are only trained in issues pertaining to this web site. I apologize for not being more helpful.

What is the proper way to seek help on my download issue?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I am sorry you are having difficulty getting the support we expect to get.

The LDSTech Forum is primarily user-to-user support. We have no ability to fix an technical problems other than operator error, or to make recommendations, or offer a work-around. In some forums we are fortunate to have come church employees who frequent and get involved in their area of responsibility. Unless there is a response from a church employee our only recourse is to submit feedback using the LDS.org feedback link.

When I report issues using the LDS.org feedback link and I get a response to come to the forum I kindly and gently reply that the issue has already been discussed in the forum (link to the topic thread provided) and determined not to be operator error but rather the issue is a technical one that needs to be addressed and corrected by the appropriate ICS team.

I know it can be frustrating when our best course of action, reporting through the feedback link, requires us to tell the people responding on the other end what they should do to move the issue on. We have to be patient but yet persistent.

I have attempted to elevate the problem using the contacts we have. If I get a response I will report back.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
pagerk

Post by pagerk »

Thank you. I did as you recommended.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”