Removal of non-member (administrative) record - how is this done?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ericb

Removal of non-member (administrative) record - how is this done?

Post by ericb »

A non-member (administrative) record was incorrectly created in MLS for the ward that we would like to remove. Since these type of records are not sent to CHQ, I figure it can only be removed at the local level within MLS. I couldn't locate any instructions in MLS help for addressing this -- anyone know how this is done?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Try viewing the household. There will be a "remove" link next to the name.
ericb

Post by ericb »

RussellHltn wrote:Try viewing the household. There will be a "remove" link next to the name.

Thanks for the suggestion. The record in question was not assigned to a household (other than its own), so a remove option was not available. So, I assigned the record to another household and then was able to use the 'remove' option, which then prompted if the non-member record should be deleted.
opee

Post by opee »

You can also delete a nonmember record or out of unit record by going to the Membership Tab, then the View and Update Tab, and then choose which type of record you would like to remove, under "Other Record Changes".

This is also how you can see which records have been made of nonmembers and out of unit members in MLS.

Or under the Menu list, you can choose Membership --> Records, and you will see a list of the Remove Nonmember, Remove Out of Unit, etc...
ericb

Post by ericb »

opee wrote:You can also delete a nonmember record or out of unit record by going to the Membership Tab, then the View and Update Tab, and then choose which type of record you would like to remove, under "Other Record Changes".

Thanks - this is much better way to manage these types of records.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”