Change session expiration

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
jdfoote
Church Employee
Church Employee

Change session expiration

Post by jdfoote »

The sessions on new.familysearch.org expire far too quickly. I haven't tested it specifically, but I'm guessing that it's ~1 hour. I like keeping nFS on a tab, and I come back to it a few times during the day, for a few minutes. Usually, I'm logged out when I try work on it, and I have to try to find where I was in the tree.

I would love to have a checkbox that kept me logged in for 30 days, for example.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdfoote wrote:The sessions on new.familysearch.org expire far too quickly. I haven't tested it specifically, but I'm guessing that it's ~1 hour. I like keeping nFS on a tab, and I come back to it a few times during the day, for a few minutes. Usually, I'm logged out when I try work on it, and I have to try to find where I was in the tree.

I would love to have a checkbox that kept me logged in for 30 days, for example.
The session time outs are necessary for server load management. I doubt that the session time limits will ever be extended for any time period that long. Can you imagine the server capacity that would be required to allow everyone throughout the world who use new.FamilySearch to maintain that connection without any activity? For LDS.org sites using the LDS Account logon there is this post explaining the session timeouts are 10 hours max and 60 minutes idle timeout.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”