Directory Photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ccaldwel

Directory Photos

Post by ccaldwel »

My Ward (Spotsylvania Ward) made me "manager of photos" apparently so when I log in I see how many new photos have been added and can assign them to members of the ward. I recently received a number of individual photos and assigned them accordingly and a few household pictures and assigned them. The household assignments seemed to work fine but the individual assignments did not seem to work except for one head of household. Also, my two sons' photos seem to have been unassigned as well. Is this a problem or is there a new policy coming out about individual photos?

Also, appologies if this is the incorrect site to post?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ccaldwel wrote:The household assignments seemed to work fine but the individual assignments did not seem to work except for one head of household. Also, my two sons' photos seem to have been unassigned as well. Is this a problem or is there a new policy coming out about individual photos?

I would think that as a site administrator you would be able to see all the photos, but I do know that individual photos of children under 18 are hidden from regular members. So perhaps that is the reason you can't see those individual photos. You might want to ask a bishopric member or clerk to take a look to see if he can see the photos.
ccaldwel wrote:Also, appologies if this is the incorrect site to post?

This is indeed the correct site. Welcome to LDSTech!

There is a forum just for the Directory on lds.org, and so I moved your post to that forum instead of the general discussions forum.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I am having a similar problem in getting individual photos to appear. Today, a family uploaded their family photo and individual photos. The family photo appeared after I approved it, but the individual photos did not. Under the "Manage Photos" section, I reassigned one of the individual photos to someone else as a test and it appeared without any problem, but when I assigned it back to the individual, it still does not appear. I will report this to feedback,but as I said in another post, I haven't had any response from them for several months. I hope they are still reading about the reported problems and working on them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:I will report this to feedback,but as I said in another post, I haven't had any response from them for several months.

Patience. On Sep 6 I got a response to a feedback I send on Feb 11 asking for a document to be added to the leaders portal for STS. The response? "Thank you for your feedback. I have refered your suggestion to those who work on IDS.org for consideration. "
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

RussellHltn wrote:Patience. On Sep 6 I got a response to a feedback I send on Feb 11 asking for a document to be added to the leaders portal for STS. The response? "Thank you for your feedback. I have refered your suggestion to those who work on IDS.org for consideration. "

I just received a response to my question on photos on the directory....Here is the response:
"Sorry for the problem. Here is the help suggestions available:
KNOWN BUGS OR LIMITATIONS WITH THE DIRECTORY
The following are either known bugs or design limitations with the directory."

This is obviously a generic response to any query regarding the directory, as the list of known bugs had nothing to do with photos in the directory... I only hope someone is actually reading the feedback and not just automatically generating this response.
parleyburnett

Photos dissapearing

Post by parleyburnett »

I spent a few hours the other night uploading about 60 photos of our ward members. The next day they had all disappeared. These were a mix of household and individual photos. Today, I tried again. The one photo I added disappeared in a similar fashion, however, I could see the photo when I went to edit the member's profile. Any advice? When will these bugs be worked out?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

parleyburnett wrote:When will these bugs be worked out?
I expect this is a rhetorical question, correct? If not, then users of this forum need to understand that this forum is a peer-supported area. A Church developer, employee or support team member or two may lurk around in here, but they may not necessarily see or respond to any support issues posted. Please note that the Church rarely publishes road-maps of future plans. So your fellow forum participants are not likely to be able to answer questions about the timing or content of updates.

I am not advocating anyone not identify issues that others may be able to help with. Rather when asking these types of questions in this forum do not expect anyone with inside knowledge to respond on the forum.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”