MLS not Synching with New Ward Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
geddes

MLS not Synching with New Ward Directory

Post by geddes »

Hi folks,

Perplexing problem that I'm having trouble troubleshooting. I'm an assistant stake clerk supporting a local ward that had a bishopric change a few weeks ago. I made the bishopr change in our stake's MLS, and the new bishopric appears in the local unit's MLS without a problem.

However, the updated bishopric does not show up on the new LDS.org directory for logged in stake members. Even worse, the new meetinghouse locator still shows the old bishopric as the contact information for the ward.

Any ideas on what my next steps should be to troubleshoot this?
geddes

Post by geddes »

Quick update - I just saw this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?6591 which recommends doing a "Request Unit Refresh Data..." However, it sounds like this will overwrite the data in MLS with CDOL data, which we don't want to do. The CDOL data is wrong - I just went into CDOL to confirm, it still shows the old bishoprics and callings. Is there a way to push OUR changes our to CDOL instead?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

geddes wrote:I made the bishopr change in our stake's MLS.

I assume by "bishopr" you mean "bishop" and not "bishopric", since stake MLS only allows you to specify the bishop, not the counselors.

Are you saying that you filled out the Ward Leader and Unit Change Request in MLS? That's the correct way to specify the bishop in stake MLS. You do that using the Bishop tab of the Ward LUCR. You also need to go to the Unit tab to change the Bishop's office phone and the meetinghouse phone.

The meetinghouse locator shows only the bishop, not the bishopric. But it will come from CDOL.

In any case, you're correct to check CDOL. Since CDOL is not correct yet, it's completely understandable that the old bishopric displays on the ward's leadership directory in the Directory on lds.org.

The only change you can push from stake MLS to CDOL is to submit the Ward LUCR as I described. That does get reviewed by a human -- it does not update CDOL automatically. But that is the correct procedure.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As stated by aebrown, the way to change the top-level position in a unit is a bit different then the rest.

While not mentioned, the updating the Classic LUWS is completely manual and has to be done by a LUWS Website admin.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

geddes wrote: Is there a way to push OUR changes our to CDOL instead?
If there are only a few callings sometimes you can just change something about the calling (the set apart flag is easy), then save it. After that go change it back and that should trigger the calling being sent again. That might not completely solve the problem if the old counselors are still listed.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

JonesRK wrote:If there are only a few callings sometimes you can just change something about the calling (the set apart flag is easy), then save it. After that go change it back and that should trigger the calling being sent again. That might not completely solve the problem if the old counselors are still listed.

In my stake, we had a change of patriarch recently and in order for it to show up in CDOL, I had to make the change in the Stake MLS. We also had to make a change in a bishop because of the patriarch change and we did that in the stake MLS and it updated CDOL.

So to update CDOL, as far as I know it can only be done from the stake MLS.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

harddrive wrote:In my stake, we had a change of patriarch recently and in order for it to show up in CDOL, I had to make the change in the Stake MLS. We also had to make a change in a bishop because of the patriarch change and we did that in the stake MLS and it updated CDOL.

So to update CDOL, as far as I know it can only be done from the stake MLS.
If you are updating stake callings you have to do it from the stake MLS. That is why the patriarch change was done there. If you are updating ward callings it is done through the ward MLS.

The only exception is the Bishop. That is done from the stake MLS in the Local Unit Change Request section.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”