How do I change a Branch into a Ward in MLS

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
pneubert

How do I change a Branch into a Ward in MLS

Post by pneubert »

We recently changed the Raleigh 3rd Branch into the Raleigh 3rd Ward. How do I get MLS to reflect this change? The Branch President was also made the Bishop, and his counselors called as High Priests. I cannot see how to make these changes in MLS...everything I want to change is grayed out. Thanks, Paul (Stake Clerk)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think it has to come down from CHQ. You probably have to wait for the paperwork to get processed. If it's been awhile, I'd call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The stake president requests a Stake and District Organization Application form by calling Local Unit Support. That should have been done and submitted before the change was made (the form says where it is to be submitted). When the letter of approval was sent to your stake president, it would have included instructions for making the changes.

It sounds like you're past all those steps. If that has all been done correctly, then you just need to wait until the changes are processed by CHQ and appear in CDOL. Then those organizational changes will come down to stake MLS and then you can use the Ward Leader and Unit Change Request in MLS to report the new bishop. Similarly, the change will come down to the unit's MLS, turning it into a ward, so that the appropriate ward-oriented callings can be entered into MLS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It is still listed as a Branch in CDOL. That would be the first place that it would change at CHQ, so as RusselHltn said, make sure the paperwork has been sent in and it should get changed in CDOL fairly quickly. I think that after that it will come down to MLS in the next few days (but this change doesn't come directly from CDOL to MLS).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In my past experience, I have found that things start happening when Church Headquarters receives the form from the stake president that reports the sustaining, ordaining, and setting apart of the bishop.

Return to “Reports and Forms”