Map different than Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
greggo

Map different than Directory

Post by greggo »

I have an issue where there is a disconnect between the directory and ward map on the lds.org website.

A couple of weeks ago, I moved a member from previous address to new address in MLS. The new address is correctly shown in the online directory, but the map still puts him at the previous location (but there is no address info).

Anyone have similar issues or now how this can be fixed?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I had a similar issue - the member moved within the boundary of the ward. Their address location changed but their map location did not. I had to move them manually to their new location on the map and I think this is normal function for moves within the ward boundaries.

I have noticed that sometimes there is a several-day lag between MLS updates transmitted to CHQ and when they actually show up on the map. Never 2 weeks, though. I don't have any suggestions as to why their address is not there.
tobtrejo

Post by tobtrejo »

How do you move them manually to their new location on the map? Is this something that each individual member can do or only one of the clerks? Thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tobtrejo wrote:How do you move them manually to their new location on the map? Is this something that each individual member can do or only one of the clerks? Thank you.
A member can move their own marker only if a clerk has never moved their marker.

If a clerk has ever moved a household's marker, then only a clerk will be able to adjust the marker location.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”