Bishopric Organization

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mbstone

Bishopric Organization

Post by mbstone »

Our ward as an Assistant Executive Secretary, but he is listed at the very bottom of the Callings by Organization on the lds.org website and as a member of Branch Presidency, but we are a Ward. Is there a way to change him to Bishopric? His office in MLS is Bishopric. Also, is there a way to manually move the position of the callings of members on the lds.org website?

-Mike
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mikebstone wrote:Our ward as an Assistant Executive Secretary, but he is listed at the very bottom of the Callings by Organization on the lds.org website and as a member of Branch Presidency, but we are a Ward. Is there a way to change him to Bishopric? His office in MLS is Bishopric. Also, is there a way to manually move the position of the callings of members on the lds.org website?
There is no standard calling in MLS for Assistant Executive Secretary. So he must have been entered in MLS with a custom position. I don't understand what you are saying about Branch Presidency.

But even if he has a custom calling of Assistant Executive Secretary, he should appear in the Bishopric. You said that "His office in MLS is Bishopric." Do you mean that is his organization? Double check to make sure he is in the Bishopric organization in MLS. You might also want to check out what the Bishopric organization looks like on CDOL. That may give you some clues as to what is going on.

There is no way to manually change the ordering of callings in the Directory on lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My best suggestion is to remove him out of his calling, delete the calling, send/receive, then re-create the calling and put him in it. There might be something in the calling that's stuck on "Branch". Of course if our resident CDOL developer chimes in, I'll defer to him.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:My best suggestion is to remove him out of his calling, delete the calling, send/receive, then re-create the calling and put him in it. There might be something in the calling that's stuck on "Branch". Of course if our resident CDOL developer chimes in, I'll defer to him.
I think this is the best chance of it working.

I looked at this calling and it shows in some internal data as being in the Bishopric (which is what MLS is using). But the info they sent for CDOL to use says Branch Presidency. I looked further and about 10% of the custom positions that internally to MLS say they are in the Bishopric are listed in CDOL under Branch Presidency. That means that most are working correctly, but there is a large enough number that I'm going to see if we can see why this is happening.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:I looked further and about 10% of the custom positions that internally to MLS say they are in the Bishopric are listed in CDOL under Branch Presidency. That means that most are working correctly, but there is a large enough number that I'm going to see if we can see why this is happening.

Just to be clear, are you saying this new ward has bigger problems or that this issue is affecting other units?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:Just to be clear, are you saying this new ward has bigger problems or that this issue is affecting other units?
This problem is affecting other units.
AndrewLotti

Post by AndrewLotti »

We are having the same issue. We are a brand new ward, and the 1 & 2 Counselor, Ward Clerk, and Executive Secretary are all in the Branch Presidency, but the Bishop is in the Bishopric. So none of us except the Bishop can log in online and get access to ordering online because we aren't in a Bishopric. How can I fix this, or when can we expect an update??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

andrewlotti wrote:We are having the same issue. We are a brand new ward, and the 1 & 2 Counselor, Ward Clerk, and Executive Secretary are all in the Branch Presidency, but the Bishop is in the Bishopric. So none of us except the Bishop can log in online and get access to ordering online because we aren't in a Bishopric. How can I fix this, or when can we expect an update??

Update the ward MLS using standard positions. You may have to wait 48 hours after the send/receive before all the systems update. But you can check the CDOL almost immediately after the send/receive.

AndrewLotti

Post by AndrewLotti »

RussellHltn wrote:Update the ward MLS using standard positions. You may have to wait 48 hours after the send/receive before all the systems update. But you can check the CDOL almost immediately after the send/receive.

We are using standard callings. MLS help believes that this is a bug.

Return to “Main Church Website”