Online Directory - Error for households w/ non-member spouse

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
atom88

Online Directory - Error for households w/ non-member spouse

Post by atom88 »

When viewing the online directory for a member who has a non-member spouse listed I receive the following error when trying to click on the household: "Error, data is temporarily not available!".

I have waited several days and tried again, no luck!

This prevents me (as an admin) from updating or even viewing information about the household (name, address, phone #). Cannot update: picture or email address either.

Please help!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

atom88 wrote:When viewing the online directory for a member who has a non-member spouse listed I receive the following error when trying to click on the household: "Error, data is temporarily not available!".

I can confirm that this is indeed a problem -- I tried a couple of different couples in our stake with a nonmember spouse and got the same message. And my wife (whose LDS Account has no special clerk or leader permissions) gets the same message for those households.

I've submitted feedback using the Submit Feedback link on lds.org to report the problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I am getting the same message when trying to view the households with a non-member spouse in the directory. I was able to view both the member and nonmember in LDS Tools, and the full membership record in the Clerks Tools section when I asked for a printout of the individual. When I asked for a printout of the household, the same error message appeared.
HarperAB

Post by HarperAB »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have a maintenance release for Directory going out next week that includes a fix for this problem...
atom88

Post by atom88 »

I can now view the household information for household with non-member spouse! Thanks for fixing that problem!
atom88

Post by atom88 »

I cannot set privacy settings for a non-member spouse? For example if the head of household is the husband (non-member) and the wife is a member the husband's name will show up in the directory ALWAYS? There does not seem to be a way to change this? If the wife, for privacy reasons, does not want the husband's name to show there is no way to hide it? HELP!
atom88

Post by atom88 »

Although I'm able to view the non-member name (text), I cannot edit or view the member's picture (e.g. husband is non-member and wife is member, I cannot edit or view the wife's picture)?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

atom88 wrote:I cannot set privacy settings for a non-member spouse? For example if the head of household is the husband (non-member) and the wife is a member the husband's name will show up in the directory ALWAYS? There does not seem to be a way to change this? If the wife, for privacy reasons, does not want the husband's name to show there is no way to hide it? HELP!

Verify that you've not created a non-member record for the husband in MLS. If there is none, all I can suggest is that you call Local Unit Support while sitting in front of the MLS computer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

RussellHltn wrote:
atom88 wrote:I cannot set privacy settings for a non-member spouse? For example if the head of household is the husband (non-member) and the wife is a member the husband's name will show up in the directory ALWAYS? There does not seem to be a way to change this? If the wife, for privacy reasons, does not want the husband's name to show there is no way to hide it? HELP!
Verify that you've not created a non-member record for the husband in MLS. If there is none, all I can suggest is that you call Local Unit Support while sitting in front of the MLS computer.
There must be a non-member record for the husband, otherwise I don't think he could be designated head of household. You could set the wife as head of household (membership clerk needs to do this in MLS). That would probably allow you to change the privacy settings for him in the directory. It might take a couple of days to change in the directory after the change is made in MLS.

By the way, there is nothing magical about the designation "Head of Household". In fact you can have more than one in a single address.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ggllbb wrote:There must be a non-member record for the husband, otherwise I don't think he could be designated head of household. You could set the wife as head of household (membership clerk needs to do this in MLS). That would probably allow you to change the privacy settings for him in the directory. It might take a couple of days to change in the directory after the change is made in MLS.
You'd think. But I just checked three couples in my ward. In LUWS, only the member wife shows up. In the new directory, he shows up as HoH.

The only privacy settings that are "individual" is displaying the individual phone and email. Removing the name is only at the household level.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”