Do not appear in the lds.org/directory

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bro.chung

Do not appear in the lds.org/directory

Post by bro.chung »

I am a stake assistant clerk and have been registered in the stake MLS system (as admin + added in the stake pdcy organization). We did it about a month ago. Ever since, I do not appear in the directory of the lds.org webside, why? Thanks for helping.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you say "I no not appear" you're talking about in the leadership directory, correct?

Do you show up in the CDOL? What color do you appear in (normal or orange)?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bro.chung

Post by bro.chung »

RussellHltn wrote:When you say "I no not appear" you're talking about in the leadership directory, correct?

Do you show up in the CDOL? What color do you appear in (normal or orange)?

I believe the online leadership directory and the CDOL are both the same, right? the answer is "no" and that's what I'm trying to figure out. Why I don't show up in the CDOL or leadership directory online?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bro.chung wrote:I believe the online leadership directory and the CDOL are both the same, right?
Not necessarily. They sync, but are not the same. CDOL is at cdol.lds.org. What I think you're referring to as the on-line directory is the "Leaders and Organizations" portion of lds.org/directory.

MLS syncs to CDOL. CDOL syncs to the rest of the systems like the on-line directory. So the place to check is the CDOL. You may need someone else in the Stake Presidency to check for you.

Also in MLS, make sure you are entered using a standardized calling. Custom callings carry no rights or privileges and don't always show up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If the calling was entered using a standard callingin MLS and it does not show up in CDOL and the on-line directory use the procedures found in Correcting duplicate or missing callings. For just one calling with an issue the article recommends:
You can edit the calling in MLS and change something (the date or set apart flag work well). Save the change. Go back in and change it back to the original value. Then when you send/receive that calling should go up to CDOL.
As mentioned by RussellHltn the most important thing is to use the standard callingsin MLS when practical.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

bro.chung wrote:I believe the online leadership directory and the CDOL are both the same, right? the answer is "no" and that's what I'm trying to figure out. Why I don't show up in the CDOL or leadership directory online?
Since you aren't in CDOL the first step is to check that in MLS it is a standard calling as has been mentioned. Then if it is change something about the position (just change the set apart flag), save it, then change it back. That should send it to CDOL the next time you send/receive. You should be able to check again in CDOL or the directory about 15 minutes after the send/receive and see it there.
bro.chung

Post by bro.chung »

Thank you all for your answers and supports. I know now it's a standard calling since I did not create it and I think that type of calling as Stake Assistant Clerk is found in any stake MLS system.
Stake and ward organizations have positions (callings) associated with them. Some are standard positions, which are the same in MLS for all Church units. Others are custom positions created by you for your local unit.
When I registered myself as admin on MLS it was, of course, thru the stake clerk account, but I forgot to do it in the 'organization' for the calling. I did that later, after I realized I don't show up in the on-line directory (Stake Leaders and Organizations). I wonder if the problem would come from there.

Anyways, I'll try what you suggested me to do and will post a feedback once done.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

bro.chung wrote:I know now it's a standard calling since I did not create it and I think that type of calling as Stake Assistant Clerk is found in any stake MLS system... I'll try what you suggested me to do and will post a feedback once done.
If you are still have problems, tell us, but understand that while Stake Assistant Clerk is found in any Stake MLS, and you might not have created or added a custom stake Clerk calling, that still doesn't establish whether your MLS recognizes your calling as a STANDARD position.

Somebody before you could have created a custom calling using the same words, but perhaps spelled, punctuated, spaced, or abbreviated it slightly differently, and you may have inadvertently been placed into that "custom" version of the calling when they were released from it. Or, some computer glitch may be happening.

That is why those helping you are asking you first to check MLS to see if YOUR STAKE MLS COMPUTER is recognizing your stake clerk calling as a "standard" calling. I think it is sound advice already given to establish that fact before progressing to check other things...
Hope this helps, and good luck.
bro.chung

Post by bro.chung »

Thank you kisaac. Yes, it does help.

I checked and found out there were 2 titles as Stake Asssistant Clerk, one Standard and the Custom position. I deleted the Custom position since we already have the Standard position, so none else will have the same problem. Thanks heaps!!!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”