Donor check left out of deposit pouch

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jonj33

Donor check left out of deposit pouch

Post by jonj33 »

I failed to place 1 donor check into the pouch that went to the bank depository recently. The error shows up as an asterisked item on the 'View Donations' listing. We have the check in our possession and want to correct MLS. How do we do this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jonj33 wrote:I failed to place 1 donor check into the pouch that went to the bank depository recently. The error shows up as an asterisked item on the 'View Donations' listing. We have the check in our possession and want to correct MLS. How do we do this?
Make a separate deposit containing just that check. Don't enter it in MLS -- MLS already has the correct total for the donation batch. Deposit that check, then call Local Unit Support (or send an MLS message) to inform them that you have made that deposit.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonj33

Post by jonj33 »

Thank you so much for responding, aebrown, I appreciate it.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

aebrown wrote:Make a separate deposit containing just that check. Don't enter it in MLS -- MLS already has the correct total for the donation batch. Deposit that check, then call Local Unit Support (or send an MLS message) to inform them that you have made that deposit.
How about deleting the donation from the batch and then doing a second batch with the check?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”