Version 1.6.6 of Directory is released

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
tomjoht

Version 1.6.6 of Directory is released

Post by tomjoht »

Version 1.6.6 of the directory was released today. This directory release has the following fixes:
  • The PDF printout uses the preferred name.
  • The PDF printout includes city, state, and ZIP when these additional fields are selected.
  • In the leadership section, the PDF printout excludes any information specifically opted out. The directory now honors opt-out information everywhere in the same way.
  • The PDF printout has some design improvements. It uses space more efficiently, and households and photos are integrated in a more attractive layout.
  • Mission and area leaders can see directories for all districts in their mission or area.
  • Stake search is faster.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I noticed that when "Individual Contact Details" is checked that the individual phone number is not included. The "Phone Number" option was checked but I believe that is the household phone number. For households without a household phone this is an issue. Putting one of the individual phone numbers as the household is not a desired option for some households.

The "Street 2" field is also not included in the PDF printout.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

johnsonth wrote:Version 1.6.6 of the directory was released today. This directory release has the following fixes:

What I am seeing is that NO names are displayed unless you check to show children, and then ONLY the children's names are shown.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rpyne wrote:What I am seeing is that NO names are displayed unless you check to show children, and then ONLY the children's names are shown.
I am also experiencing that now. It was fine when I checked it on 3 August.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

johnsonth wrote:Version 1.6.6 of the directory was released today. This directory release has the following fixes:
Thank You! We had decided not to use it for distribution as our phone list UNTIL the preferred name option was available, as people wanted their preferred name listed, and kept asking me as ward clerk why their record continually showed their full name. (Of course, it does seem to be printing incorrectly as mentioned in the last few posts. Selecting Individual contact details will print the names and individual phone numbers.)

However, why can't the user be given an option to select from either "preferred" or "given" names on this printout (and all screens in the directory?) At times we need both as leaders...

Also, while we are on the subject of Directory improvements...
  • When will we have a "print in Black and White" option for the directory? Certainly most clerk's office printers are still black and white laser printers....and the photocopies we make of these phone lists in the library are all black and white... While it might look good onscreen or printed at home in color, when anything is colored or gray, clarity is reduced by our photocopier, making it harder for our "older eyes" to see it, and especially colored or gray small text, such as your copyright and "church use only" instruction on the bottom of each page...
  • Why has the Sunday School President been left off the "ward Leadership" section for the new (and previous) listing on the directory? Our Sunday School President has certainly noticed he is the only leader in ward council NOT LISTED. He has not "opted out."
Yes, I will submit these items as feedback within the directory application...
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Thanks for noting these issues. I'll have the quality assurance team investigate to see if he can reproduce the bugs you experienced.
chrisleej

Head of Household and Spouse missing

Post by chrisleej »

I am not sure if the post regarding the use of preferred name was to address this specific issue or not. I noticed that before the upgrade, the printed directory showed the names of the Head of Household and/or their Spouse. It seems that it is not showing these anymore. I realize that I can set it to show individuals, but the formatting was much better (and took up less room) the way it was before. Also, it still shows it this way in the preview. I just wanted to check and see if this was accidental, or if the option is going away for good. Other than this minor issue, I am LOVING the online printed directory!!!

Chris Jones
Ward Clerk
greggo

Post by greggo »

chrisleej wrote:I am not sure if the post regarding the use of preferred name was to address this specific issue or not. I noticed that before the upgrade, the printed directory showed the names of the Head of Household and/or their Spouse. It seems that it is not showing these anymore. I realize that I can set it to show individuals, but the formatting was much better (and took up less room) the way it was before. Also, it still shows it this way in the preview. I just wanted to check and see if this was accidental, or if the option is going away for good.
I'm glad you mentioned this. I hadn't tried printing without the individual info. I agree, in this respect, the directory was better before. If you uncheck all the details that could be included, you're left will only last names (which isn't very helpful) - but in the description of how it will appear, it includes the first names of the husband and wife, as it should be. Looks like it's time to submit another feedback request.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I let the directory team know about these issues. They address them in an upcoming release.
cbradford

Post by cbradford »

Can you give us an ETA for when the names of the heads of household will once again be shown on the directory? This seems like an oversight that ought to be corrected right away. Thanks.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”