Recurring Events end date issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cabrooksby

Recurring Events end date issues

Post by cabrooksby »

Our stake is just making the transition to the new calendar system. In using recurring events, I notice that the calendar uses the day BEFORE the end date to end the event. I have just tried this with recurring daily events. How does it treat other recurring events, like monthly, etc? Why does it not just use the end date specified as the last day of the event?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What time zone are you in? There's been some quirks related to time zones.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cabrooksby wrote:Our stake is just making the transition to the new calendar system. In using recurring events, I notice that the calendar uses the day BEFORE the end date to end the event. I have just tried this with recurring daily events. How does it treat other recurring events, like monthly, etc? Why does it not just use the end date specified as the last day of the event?
In my testing, it works fine with events that specify a time. But for "all day" events, it used the date AFTER the specified end date to end the event. That behavior seems to be consistent, whether I do daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly recurrence.

Just to be clear, if I do a daily recurrence starting on Jan 6 with an end date of Jan 8, I get events on Jan 6, 7, 8, and 9. If I do a weekly recurrence starting on Friday the 6th and ending on Thursday the 12th, I still get an event appearing on Friday the 13th.

So it does appear there is a problem with calculation of end dates for recurring events, but I only see it with all day events. Note that I am in the Mountain Time Zone, which typically has had the fewest time zone problems of the sort RussellHltn referred to.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cabrooksby

Post by cabrooksby »

RussellHltn wrote:What time zone are you in? There's been some quirks related to time zones.
I am in the US Pacific time zone.
cabrooksby

Post by cabrooksby »

I was managing 'all day' events. So thanks for clarifying this for me! Hope this gets corrected in the next release, but good to understand it for now. Thanks.

Return to “Calendar”