Notification issue

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aljaperkins96

Notification issue

Post by aljaperkins96 »

When setting up a notification for an event, I have selected 1-2 day notifications and for some reason, I only get the notifications 15 minutes before event.:confused:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aljaperkins96 wrote:When setting up a notification for an event, I have selected 1-2 day notifications and for some reason, I only get the notifications 15 minutes before event.:confused:
Unfortunately, you're not the only one seeing this problem. See related threads:
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

aljaperkins96 wrote:When setting up a notification for an event, I have selected 1-2 day notifications and for some reason, I only get the notifications 15 minutes before event.:confused:
I'm waiting for the promised updates / changes to the calendar later this year before I use the "notifications - later" feature, as they seem to have several issues that come and go, and seems unreliable as yet. Sending a notification "now" seems to work, but with no report of who it was sent to, or how many "bounced," even that option I use very sparingly. I think the ward will get tired of erratic messaging. I am very encouraged that they will work it out...
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I just added the bug about event notifications to the Known Limitations page of the calendar help. The calendar team is focusing all their efforts on 2.0 rather than fixing bugs in the current release.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

johnsonth wrote:I just added the bug about event notifications to the Known Limitations page of the calendar help. The calendar team is focusing all their efforts on 2.0 rather than fixing bugs in the current release.
We do appreciate some of this help as we try to explain to our organization leaders why things aren't working.

Return to “Calendar”