Clarification on watching LDSTechDays on Fridays

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
ilikesci

Clarification on watching LDSTechDays on Fridays

Post by ilikesci »

Hello,
I was wondering if the website could be clearer on watching the tech days stream. I am still not clear on how to connect. I am assuming that I can click on the link "Live Stream @ 9:00 AM MDT" and it will start quicktime or something? I think the website is a little vague on the issue. What software is needed and how to watch the live stream.

Thank You,
Micah
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Just click the stream link on the LDSTech Service Day page at the specified time of the stream. I added a little more detail there, but it should be fairly easy esp. if you're on a PC.

See this note: "On a PC, the stream will play through Windows Media Player. If you're using a Mac to view the stream, make sure you use Quicktime with the Flip4Mac plugin installed. If you experience audio issues, make sure your volume is turned up."

Are there any other details we can provide, or questions you have? I'm glad to hear you're interested in listening on to Service Day. Are you involved in any projects yet?
ilikesci

Post by ilikesci »

Hello,
Thank you. I have signed up for four projects but I am just getting started. Making sure I have the same software installed on my computer (i.e. maven, scala, etc.) and such. When you click it now on the lds tech days it just tries to download something so I was not sure if I had the right software. Its to bad that the multimedia people could not put a multimedia "advertisement" on the off days? I will make sure I am on Windows instead of linux on Friday. Thanks agian.

Thank You,
Micah

Return to “Help with this forum”