Out of Unit Leaders Not in Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Out of Unit Leaders Not in Directory

Post by zaneclark »

I just discovered something interesting in the directory. The bishop asked me to take and upload photos of each of the leaders. Out Primary president is an out-of-unit leader from another ward. I added her records for this several months ago. Her name shows in her leadership role, but not in the member directory. I attempted to add her photo to her profile, but couldn't do so because she doesn't have a profile. I would guess this is a built in feature, but it seems strange that her name appears in the leaders but not the members directory.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

zaneclark wrote:I just discovered something interesting in the directory. The bishop asked me to take and upload photos of each of the leaders. Out Primary president is an out-of-unit leader from another ward. I added her records for this several months ago. Her name shows in her leadership role, but not in the member directory. I attempted to add her photo to her profile, but couldn't do so because she doesn't have a profile. I would guess this is a built in feature, but it seems strange that her name appears in the leaders but not the members directory.
I bet if she uploaded the photo under her profile in her home ward that it would show up in her leadership role in your ward.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

JonesRK wrote:I bet if she uploaded the photo under her profile in her home ward that it would show up in her leadership role in your ward.

Good idea! I will ask her to do this....
Miknmaur

Post by Miknmaur »

Our YSA ward has the same issue with our entire Bishopric and ward missionaries from out of unit. None show up in the LDS.org directory on line but do on the leadership info and in MLS.
dwilde

Out of Unit Leaders

Post by dwilde »

We are having the same problem in our YSA ward. Out of unit leaders do not appear in the directory of members, or in the photo list. They do show up in the leadership directories, but with no picture, and as far as I can tell, there is no way to upload their pictures. The Bishop is faceless :( Is this just a bug, or is there a workaround?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dwilde wrote:there is no way to upload their pictures. The Bishop is faceless :( Is this just a bug, or is there a workaround?

Did you see the suggestion in an earlier post to have the out of unit leaders upload photos in their home ward directories? I know that won't solve the issue of them not appearing in membership directories, but it might give them pictures in the leadership directory.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Miknmaur

Out of Unit Leaders in Directory

Post by Miknmaur »

Is there any hope that they will get out of unit leaders to appear in the directory at some point? It is a real hassle to have them missing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Miknmaur wrote:Is there any hope that they will get out of unit leaders to appear in the directory at some point? It is a real hassle to have them missing.
I'm sure that's in the plans, but you could certainly let your voice be heard by making this suggestion using the Submit Feedback link at the bottom the main lds.org page.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”