minor edits in MLS never make it to the lds.org directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ssabine

minor edits in MLS never make it to the lds.org directory

Post by ssabine »

Hi,

I have requested some minor edits in to entries in MLS (such as Witford Dr was corrected to Whitford Dr). They show up as correct in MLS now, but they still show up as wrong on lds.org. It's been about a year since that correction was made, so I don't think I need to just wait longer... This also happens with minor, one digit, corrections to phone numbers, etc.

Thanks,
Suzi
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The data may have been changed and now displays in MLS correctly but may not have been received at CHQ. Has the clerk done a "Request Unit Data Refresh/Membership Records" in MLS? This procedure pulls data from the Church administration office and refreshes the database in MLS from which corrections can be made. Before doing this, however, the clerk should be aware of all the changes that occur by reading the wiki article Unit data refresh.

Members can change phone numbers from the on-line directory. Have you made phone number changes this way? Those changes update Church administration office records and then are sent to MLS to update the database there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”