German Gospel Library App wp7

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
sebastianfranz

German Gospel Library App wp7

Post by sebastianfranz »

first of all, thank you for that amazing app! it's great and i was so happy when i saw it today. i haven't had a look for a while so i didn't know it had been released and it totally made my day. :)

my question now is why there isn't a german bible available? do you know?

same thing with the hymnbook. why isn't that available either?

thank you for your answers!

kind regards,

sebastian
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sebastianfranz wrote:my question now is why there isn't a german bible available?

same thing with the hymnbook. why isn't that available either?
It has to be translated. For the mobile applications there are very few programmers, so most of the translation work is done by volunteer help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sebastianfranz

Post by sebastianfranz »

thank you for your answer.

so it is "just" a matter of somebody writing down the words in the app since the translation of course has been done as we do have german hymnbooks? :)

i am guessing with the bible it there might be a problem with copyright or something aswell - i am not sure of the exact reason but it might be the same reason why we cannot have a quad combination in germany. is that possible?

is there a way to volunteer for those tasks? i am not a programmer but i think if somebody would show and explain to me how and where i would have to write the hymnbook i would certainly do that.

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”