Suggestions for Members without Callings List

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
stanmoore1

Suggestions for Members without Callings List

Post by stanmoore1 »

As a membership clerk, I am frequently asked for lists of members without callings and callings by organization. I love that we can view and print these out under the Clerk Resources page. However, I am hesitant to give them out to people because they contain full birthdays. They also show everyone, not just eligible candidates. It would be nice to have the option to hide full birthdays and also those who are not potential candidates when printing. I can hide birthdays in a custom report, but I can't seem to hide those who are not potential candidates....

Thanks!
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

We have two custom reports in MLS that help provide 'short-lists' of potential candidates for callings in the ward:
1. Current Temple Recommend holders without a calling.
2. Endowed members without a calling.

The reports are distributed to bishopric members (and sometimes to organization presidents).
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

Unfortunately, as a membership clerk I don't seem to have the rights to view these reports.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stanmoore1 wrote:Unfortunately, as a membership clerk I don't seem to have the rights to view these reports.
Are you speaking of the custom reports that user rontilby referred to? If so, they are his ward's custom reports. Your ward will have different custom reports.

If you are a membership clerk, you should have rights to view your ward's custom reports, or to create new ones. If you need help creating custom reports like those, just ask. Rontilby could upload his, or I or someone else could give you instructions for creating them.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do you not have rights to custom reports?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

I don't have rights to edit temple recommends, so I can't see custom reports containing the information Current Temple Recommend holders without a calling or Endowed members without a calling.

That's why in the Clerk Resources it would be so nice to have a simple report of members without callings that:
1. doesn't show full birthdays
2. only shows eligible candidates (I am referring to MLS where you can check or uncheck if a member is eligible for a calling)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stanmoore1 wrote:I don't have rights to edit temple recommends, so I can't see custom reports containing the information Current Temple Recommend holders without a calling or Endowed members without a calling.

That's why in the Clerk Resources it would be so nice to have a simple report of members without callings that:
1. doesn't show full birthdays
2. only shows eligible candidates (I am referring to MLS where you can check or uncheck if a member is eligible for a calling)

The challenge with reports on lds.org is that someone will be deciding for all membership clerks exactly what rights they should have. It's entirely possible that whoever makes those decisions will decide that membership clerks shouldn't see information about temple recommend status, so you would be no better off with lds.org than you are with MLS. Of course, it's possible that whoever makes those decisions will decide you can see that information, in which case your suggestion has merit. I'm guessing that eventually Clerk Resources will have a custom reporting feature, but I'll bet that is many months away, and probably a year or more.

In the meantime, you can work within your current MLS by:
  • Requesting permission to see Temple Recommend information so that you can run those custom reports; or
  • Having someone else (such as the ward clerk) run the report for you occasionally.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:In the meantime, you can work within your current MLS by:
  • Requesting permission to see Temple Recommend information so that you can run those custom reports; or
  • Having someone else (such as the ward clerk) run the report for you occasionally.
Or, failing that, finding out to whom you should be directing everyone who ask for those lists. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stanmoore1

Post by stanmoore1 »

As you have pointed out, I can probably get around all this somehow in MLS, but the purpose of my post is to suggest a possible improvement for the online Clerk Resources page on lds.org.

I would be happy if they just made the display of full birthdays optional--this is somewhat sensitive info. I wonder why is this info on the Members without callings list. It is not on the Members with Callings list.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

stanmoore1 wrote:I'm sure I can get around this somehow in MLS, but the purpose of my post is to suggest an improvement for the online Clerk Resources page on lds.org.

The best way to do that is to use the Feedback link on the main site. There's no guarantee that things posted here make it to the development team.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”