Having Some Trouble Streaming

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
Jason@jasonhanson.net

Having Some Trouble Streaming

Post by Jason@jasonhanson.net »

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'm having some problems on my HTC Evo through Sprint. It used to work just fine but I updated it a couple months ago, when the Video tab was added, and now I can't stream the radio broadcast without hearing constant cracks, breakups, and then finally nothing/dead silence during the stream. I can stream the Ensign articles, Conference, and even Video just fine, but for some reason, I can't stream the radio.

Just was wondering if I was the only person having this issue? I've tried reinstalling the application but still haven't had any luck with it.

Thanks. -Jason
nicklewis

Post by nicklewis »

I'm experiencing the same thing on my Atrix. Everything but the main channel comes through like a champ. But the main channel is broken and choppy. I've tried it through different ISP's to make sure it wasn't a provider issue. It does seem strange that the other channels are crystal clear, but not the main one. At least I can listen to all the conference talks I want.
Nick Lewis
Melbourne Ward Clerk
Cocoa Florida Stake
nicklewis

Post by nicklewis »

I upgraded to the latest Android version and discover the setting to buffer streaming. I am now getting a good signal on the main channel. Thank you, developers.
Nick Lewis
Melbourne Ward Clerk
Cocoa Florida Stake
csdanson

Post by csdanson »

The same thing was happening to me as well. I just upgraded to the newest version (2.0.2) and found what nicklewis states, settings now has buffer option. I've not had a problem since then. It is so nice to finally have this app working again.
Never give up, never surrender!
nicklewis

Post by nicklewis »

Well I thought it was fixed, but I discovered other problems. I upgraded my Atrix to the latest Android version 2.3.4 yesterday. Now the main channel plays through without the static. I thought it might also fix the problem with Mormon Channel dying in the middle of a stream, but it didn't. I will have to say that it stays on longer than it used to, but after a few minutes into a scripture chapter or a talk, the app will just die. I have to restart it again and then scroll ahead to where I left off. At least I know it is not a problem in the middle of the stream. This is probably the most unstable app on my phone. I love the content and being able to listen or see so much, but when the app consistently shuts off after a few minutes, it is really frustrating. I have other audio streaming apps that are more stable and don't do this.
Nick Lewis
Melbourne Ward Clerk
Cocoa Florida Stake

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”