Callings data showing old and new info

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
chriswoodut

Callings data showing old and new info

Post by chriswoodut »

To: HQ Developers

On the old LUWS and the new site, our ward callings show the previous people that held the callings and the current people that hold the callings. MLS is correct. So, for example, if you look at the leadership of the elders quorum you will see the previous presidency and the current presidency.

Our membership clerk and our ward clerk have both contacted HQ to try to get this resolved and even had somebody working on it but failed to actually get it fixed. Our new Stake President is relying on the website for calling information and our ward's data is unreliable.

Before calling HQ and trying the phone guantlet, I thought I would try here to see if I can get somebody to reallllllly push this issue and help us out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

For LUWS, a website admin has to go into the site and correct the callings manually. There is NO link to MLS for the callings.

For CDOL, I'd suggest you try Correcting duplicate or missing callings. The CDOL feeds the new site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

How is this different than the normal sync process that we do each Sunday? I'm not sure how it will pull down the duplicate data for me to delete it unless these steps are somehow different than the default sync MLS does. We've never seen the data duplicated in MLS. (Note that using the Android LDS Tools app, the data shows duplicated too.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The unit refresh does more then a normal sync. It takes what's currently at CHQ and overwrites what's in MLS.

But first check what's in CDOL. If it's OK, then you have to work with CHQ to get the CDOL to new website to sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

CDOL is wrong as well (has stuff over 2 years old). Thanks for the help, we'll give the sync a try and see what happens.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

FYI, I stopped by the church at lunch and this seems to work. Thanks for the help! (Way easier than calling HQ)
RichPrice1

Post by RichPrice1 »

We have a couple who has moved out of the ward. Their callings till appear on the lds.org web site. I was hoping that when a new person was called, that this would correct the problem, but it only created a duplicate entry for the same calling on lds.org. One possible solution is to remove the name on mls, transmit, make sure it is gone from lds.org and then transfer the persons to another unit.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

richprice1 wrote:We have a couple who has moved out of the ward. Their callings till appear on the lds.org web site. I was hoping that when a new person was called, that this would correct the problem, but it only created a duplicate entry for the same calling on lds.org. One possible solution is to remove the name on mls, transmit, make sure it is gone from lds.org and then transfer the persons to another unit.
That will probably work, but only in situations where you are the one moving the records out. It's also possible that another ward may pull the records, in which case you will have no opportunity to remove the person from the calling before the records leave your ward.

But as you can read earlier in this thread, the procedure for Correcting duplicate or missing callings should correct the list of callings on CDOL (which will also fix the list that appears in the Directory on lds.org), even if you don't have the opportunity to remove the callings before members move out (or neglect to do so).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
RichPrice1

Post by RichPrice1 »

richprice1 wrote:We have a couple who has moved out of the ward. Their callings till appear on the lds.org web site. I was hoping that when a new person was called, that this would correct the problem, but it only created a duplicate entry for the same calling on lds.org. One possible solution is to remove the name on mls, transmit, make sure it is gone from lds.org and then transfer the persons to another unit.

I tried refreshing the data on MLS. It brought in these erroneous callings. When I deleted them and retransmitted from MLS, lds.org was cleaned up.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

Is this situation the same for Stake callings? On LDS Tools I have a load of random old stake callings, and an incomplete list - which is different to CDOL. Stake Clerk claims everything is up-to-date on stake MLS? Should I get him to do a data refresh?

Return to “Main Church Website”