Use of webinar soft for CES classes

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

marianomarini

Use of webinar soft for CES classes

Post by marianomarini »

Do to a long distance of some student, I'm planning to reach them through webinar system.
I try some and find Vyew as quite worth to use.
There are other softs worth to test?
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:Do to a long distance of some student, I'm planning to reach them through webinar system.
You might consider the more official (but paid) options the Church recommends on the wiki at Web conferencing (meetinghouse).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

aebrown wrote:You might consider the more official (but paid) options the Church recommends on the wiki at Web conferencing (meetinghouse).

Also "Personal Video Conferencing" (PVC) is available to CES staff
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

pete.arnett wrote:Also "Personal Video Conferencing" (PVC) is available to CES staff
The link give me this:
"This service is not available for local church leaders at this time. Check back later for more information."
Who can acces it?
I'll look for dimdim and yugma (freeware).
jeffvand

Webinar

Post by jeffvand »

You might also just check Skype or Teamviewer. Both are free. Skype had video and screensharing. Teamviewer allows shared screens. That teamed with FreeConferenceCall.com works great. You could even get a Free Google Voice account. I use all these tools all the time. Hope this helps. Love using technology to teach others the gospel. :)
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

marianomarini wrote:Do to a long distance of some student, I'm planning to reach them through webinar system.

I've recently started using WebEx Meet (meet.webex.com), which is free, for multi-point web/video conferences. I used ooVoo when I was teaching institute and it was good but not great. WebEx uses voice activation to display the speaking party, so I think it would be great in a classroom setting because you could see who's talking when they're talking. It also incorporates desktop sharing (displaying the video as an overlay panel on top) and the option to record if you want to send it to students who couldn't participate in the class live.

Hope this helps!
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Thanks to all.
DimDim do not acept new registration for a while.
Yugma ii's one of my previous tests. I found trubles with Java plugin. It's installed but yugma don't reconize it!
ooVoo is only for Win users!
Skype is not exactly what I'm looking for.
I'll check out WebEx Meet, even if it don't sound unfamiliar. Maybe a previous test like Yugma!?
brotherjjohnson

Post by brotherjjohnson »

Dimdim was the perfect solution for the distant seminary students in our stake. But alas, 'tis no more. I have spent countless hours researching a cost-effective alternative, but I have not had much success. I think my next trial candidate will be Fuze. WebEx Meet is really, really good, but is limited to a maximum of five participants. Our stake is planning on having up to 10 seminary students participating from afar this year. I pray the Church has worthwhile option soon.
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

brotherjjohnson wrote:WebEx Meet is really, really good, but is limited to a maximum of five participants. Our stake is planning on having up to 10 seminary students participating from afar this year. I pray the Church has worthwhile option soon.

If your stake has the budget, a paid account which allows for up to 25 participants is only USD$49 p/month.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

marianomarini wrote:Thanks to all.
DimDim do not acept new registration for a while.
Yugma ii's one of my previous tests. I found trubles with Java plugin. It's installed but yugma don't reconize it!
ooVoo is only for Win users!
Skype is not exactly what I'm looking for.
I'll check out WebEx Meet, even if it don't sound unfamiliar. Maybe a previous test like Yugma!?
You should also try out Google's Hangout (part of Google+). I have been testing it out and it is very good.

See my response here for more information.

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”