LDS Maps access

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
bratsman51

LDS Maps access

Post by bratsman51 »

I am Mission Leader in my Ward. I know that individual members can verify their own locations in LDSmaps,but only Ward leadership, IE Bishopric and Clerks can verify all members locations. Can this be extended also to WMLs? Since the missionaries can help verify locations, it seems that it would be a good way to verify locations.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Permissions are hard-coded. There's no way your ward can do that except maybe by making you an assistant clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Not likely, as only membership clerks are the ones authorized to edit membership records. While missionaries surely help in the task of locating/verifying locations, the responsibility for editing the record lies with the clerks which, in the developer's view, apparently includes verifying locations on the map. As mentioned, if your ward wants to have you serve in that capacity, they just need to call you as a membership clerk as well, or at least list you as one in MLS.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”