Cannot view all aspects of LDS.ORG regardless of browser

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
bishoptaylor

Cannot view all aspects of LDS.ORG regardless of browser

Post by bishoptaylor »

When I pull up LDS.ORG in any browser, I cannot see much of the content. For example, SIGN IN on home page just doesn't display. The same thing happens regardless of which browser I use (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera) so I am assuming that there is some component missing or not functioning properly on this particular machine. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What is your screen resolution set to? 1024x768 with normal font size is probably the minimum standard these days.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bishoptaylor

Post by bishoptaylor »

I guess I didn't explain the problem well enough. My resolution is set to 1280X800. I can see the entire screen it is just that certain parts of the website are not appearing. I have attached a screen capture. You can see that, for example, SIGN IN, does not appear. Easy solution is to use another computer but this is my "working computer" and I hate to transfer everything over. It appears that this problem exists only on LDS.ORG - not other websites.
LDS.ORG_Website_Capture.jpg
LDS.ORG_Website_Capture.jpg (20.03 KiB) Viewed 742 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bishoptaylor wrote:You can see that, for example, SIGN IN, does not appear.

Does that change after you've signed in? Note that you can sign in by going to Tools > Directory, for example. Then you will be signed in, and then your name should appear in the header. Does it?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bishoptaylor

Post by bishoptaylor »

I did that and logged in OK but then clicked on the MENU button and this is what I see -which is essentially nothing.
Loggin_then_went_to_menu.jpg
Loggin_then_went_to_menu.jpg (10.89 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

bishoptaylor wrote:I did that and logged in OK but then clicked on the MENU button and this is what I see -which is essentially nothing.
This has happened to me before and I found I simply wasn't allowing enough time for it to populate. Sometimes it's pretty slow, and you're right, I also found the delay was not the same for all computers, even on the same LAN.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bishoptaylor

Post by bishoptaylor »

Nope. That ain't it. Been sitting there on same screen for 30 - 45 minutes. It just doesn't show anything where there should be text. Some text appears and others do not. As I said earlier, all other website work fine - it just seems to the LDS.ORG related website.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Have you cleared the browser cache?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Have you cleared the browser cache?

Do all those browsers share the same cache?

I know the site uses Javascript and maybe some flash. Updating Adobe Flash wouldn't hurt - on most people's machines it's usually out of date security-wise anyway.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

rontilby

Post by rontilby »

Could it possibly be a problem with the Font Files, or the Font File Registration on the machine?

Return to “Main Church Website”