Print one check for multiple budget expenses

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
imeric26

Print one check for multiple budget expenses

Post by imeric26 »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way in MLS to print just one check to a member of our ward for multiple expenses that hit more than one auxillary budget.

As of right now, if a ward member is being reimbursed for 3 expenses related to 3 different budgets, I have to cut 3 different checks to the same person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

imeric26 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way in MLS to print just one check to a member of our ward for multiple expenses that hit more than one auxillary budget.

MLS will certainly allow you to specify multiple categories for a single check. In the category list on the right-hand side, just enter one category with its amount, then tab to the next row and enter a new category with its amount.

This does sometimes make the documentation a bit tricky, depending on how your expense authorization forms work. You may have multiple expense authorization forms for a single check. But it can definitely be done.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

We do this currently. Each expense has it's own individual authorization sheet and receipts, stapled together. When the Financial Clerk does the check, if there are several reimbursements to the same member, he will add them as described above. Then the whole thing is stapled together so we have a package that has a single check stub and individual reimbursement approvals with their receipts. During the audit, everything is packaged together so it is easy to see all the approvals and add them up to verify the total check amount.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”