name wrong in Directory

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
hillaryjacobs

name wrong in Directory

Post by hillaryjacobs »

My maiden name is listen in the directory. How would I update that information. I just recently started attending church again and my husband is a non-member. I would like to update our informtion and have me listed under my married name and have my husband also put on the list. How would I do this. I tried to update my profile but it would not let me change my name
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

hillaryjacobs wrote:My maiden name is listen in the directory. How would I update that information. I just recently started attending church again and my husband is a non-member. I would like to update our informtion and have me listed under my married name and have my husband also put on the list. How would I do this. I tried to update my profile but it would not let me change my name

Talk to your Ward Clerk, he can make those changes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hillaryjacobs wrote:I would like to update our informtion and have me listed under my married name and have my husband also put on the list.

As stated, you need to talk to your ward membership clerk. He needs to record the marriage in your membership records. Note that it's church policy to record your legal name, so he may ask for some ID to verify the name change.

To have your non-member husband listed on the records, church policy requires that the ward receive permission from your husband to do so.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”