How do I know if a Location is linked to the Facilities Management Database?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jimmarquardson

How do I know if a Location is linked to the Facilities Management Database?

Post by jimmarquardson »

In the calendar help, it says that, "integration only works as long as the external stake's meetinghouse is entered into the Facilities Management database."

How can I access the Facilities Management database?

Also, how can I tell if a meetinghouse was entered into the "Locations" manually, or if it is the meetinghouse that was automatically pulled from the Facilities Management database? It seems that right now, two stakes could manually enter a meetinghouse and think that they have it reserved.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jimmarquardson wrote:In the calendar help, it says that, "integration only works as long as the external stake's meetinghouse is entered into the Facilities Management database."

How can I access the Facilities Management database?

You cannot access the Facilities Management database yourself. The stake's PFR (a high councilor designated as the Physical Facilities Representative) can contact the FM group to ask the question for you.
jimmarquardson wrote:Also, how can I tell if a meetinghouse was entered into the "Locations" manually, or if it is the meetinghouse that was automatically pulled from the Facilities Management database? It seems that right now, two stakes could manually enter a meetinghouse and think that they have it reserved.

Only one stake "owns" a building, and that stake controls the scheduling. Any other stake would be rather foolish to think they could create a location in the calendar, make a reservation for that location, and then assume that they have it reserved. You can look on CDOL to see what buildings are assigned to your stake. If you don't have CDOL access, you can ask your stake clerk to look this up for you.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jimmarquardson

Post by jimmarquardson »

What does the CDOL acronym stand for?

There is nothing in the Calendar UI to indicate if a location is linked to a meeting house in the Facilities Management database or not, it seems. That's unfortunate.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jimmarquardson wrote:What does the CDOL acronym stand for?
Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jimmarquardson wrote:There is nothing in the Calendar UI to indicate if a location is linked to a meeting house in the Facilities Management database or not, it seems. That's unfortunate.

Although it's true that nothing in the Calendar UI tells if a meetinghouse is linked to the FM database, I have never had any confusion on the issue. Those locations that came from the FM database were present from the beginning -- they were already in the Calendar system under Manage Locations and Resources when I logged in for the first time. The address was formatted in ALL CAPS, and it was clearly not a location I created.

I have the advantage of being the only person in my stake who would possibly create or edit the actual locations, so I know where the locations came from. But I would think in most stakes that should be a very small group of people, so you could talk to those people to find out if they have added locations manually. Locations that were not added manually must have come from the FM database.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Main Church Website”